Need help upgrading electrical 3k watts please ty

I'll try to keep this short. I am doing a complete system build. Where I am needing help at is upgrading my electrical system on my 2016 VW Jetta S 1.4L DI Turbo 140amp Alternator which I know absolutely nothing about. What I do know is that I will have to upgrade.

The two amplifiers that I will be running;
Sundown Salt-200.4     (pushing two rockford fosgate T2652-s Component sets)
Sundown Salt-2           (pushing Sundown Audio X18 V3 D2)

Around 3000 watts RMS Total

I tried to come to an understanding on high output alternators etc but still a bit clueless on what I need to do.
Im prettty sure I need a 250-300amp Alternator maybe im wrong. Which I contacted mechman in regards to getting a high output alternator for my '16 Jetta and they replied that they are unable to provide me with one for my vw.

Having said all that, I have no idea if I should replace my alternator or simply just do a big 3 upgrade!?
What battery I should install under the hood of my Jetta ?
Should I run a second battery in the trunk of my vw and if so should I do lithium etc and again which one?

Any bit of help would be greatly appreciated. As Forrest Gump said "Im not a smart man" so you'll have to talk to me like a dummy lol
Thank you ladies and gents!

Well do the big 3 no matter what I'm running 3500 rms or so and I have a 160a alt and 2 agm batteries with around 160ah and I only drop down to 13.7  on a song with real bass

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

I second doing the big 3. 

If mechman doesn't make one for your specific vehicle, you can try reaching out to Brand X or Singer. They might be able to make one custom for you. 

3000 watts on big 3, 2 batteries, and stock alt is pushing it, but doable. Get an in dash volt meter that you can hook up straight to your amp so you can monitor what your voltage is at the amplifier. 

If you can't get an upgraded alternator, another thing to look into could be lithium. Lithium can power a lot more wattage than an AGM battery on less alternator amperage. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Awesome thanks guys!! I will look into Brand x n singer. In the mean time I will definitely do the big 3 regardless of course. I do like the idea of running a lithium battery in the trunk. Should I get an AGM 160ah battery to replace the stock battery under the hood? And then which (I was thinking) limitless lithium battery should I have in the trunk? 

2 minutes ago, 16Jetta18Sub said:

Awesome thanks guys!! I will look into Brand x n singer. In the mean time I will definitely do the big 3 regardless of course. I do like the idea of running a lithium battery in the trunk. Should I get an AGM 160ah battery to replace the stock battery under the hood? And then which (I was thinking) limitless lithium battery should I have in the trunk? 

Me personally, would not mix lithium and AGM. Though, I've talked to quite a bit of people whom have run both and reported no problems. Of you do run both, use a battery isolator between the two. 

If you want to do the change to Lithium, I would say on the stock alternator, if you went LifePo4, probably 25 ah would be sufficient. LTO, maybe 35-40 ah. Those are just guesses though. The more, the merrier. You can't have too much electrical support. 

Check what voltages your stock alternator will charge at. Some newer cars that regulate the charging can charge at above 15 volts. If that's the case, I would not recommend anything LifePo4. They do not like the higher charging voltages. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I run both chemistries. 2 agms(150-180 ah total) & a 64ah headway lifepo4 battery.  I also use a battery isolator. Lithium is not connected to the elevator till I want to use it. I'm running about 4500 rms total. 

Archived