Sundown Audio

Amp heat & power supply

StuntBoy

Infrasonic filter is set to on,like I said I’ve never paid attention to the heat on this RF amps.

Just curious as to why amp would warm up when it’s not playing anything. I will play servals songs at a decent volume and keep an eye on amp see how hot it gets 

Also this amp it recommended a 200 amp fuse,Im only running a 100 amp. Can that that force it to pull juice cause to warm up?

My t1500 bdcp was always on the verge of being to hot to touch. I contacted RF and they said it was fine. According to them its just how efficient the heat sinks are.  I ran it basically just like you are (0g to distro and 4g to amp) for years without an issue. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

8 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

My t1500 bdcp was always on the verge of being to hot to touch. I contacted RF and they said it was fine. According to them its just how efficient the heat sinks are.  I ran it basically just like you are (0g to distro and 4g to amp) for years without an issue. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

Thanks,like I’ve said I never paid attention to them LOL just purchased this one new and it was a hefty price. Wanting to make sure I don’t toast it LOL. What was the  length of your 4 awg to the map if you recall? Also did you run the recommended amp fuses ?

I had it in a couple different vehicles. The first was maybe 3 feet, second was probably closer to 6 feet. As far as fuse, if it isn't popping you are fine as long as it is not higher than the wires rating. 

Also, my amp would be hot without playing any music as well. Forgot to mention that earlier.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

8 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

I had it in a couple different vehicles. The first was maybe 3 feet, second was probably closer to 6 feet. As far as fuse, if it isn't popping you are fine as long as it is not higher than the wires rating. 

Also, my amp would be hot without playing any music as well. Forgot to mention that earlier.

Gotcha,this one just warms up I can touch it and feel it. Guess I’ll be checking the ones in both our personal cars later. I just never paid attention to them. Both the other amps have the same set up as well 

Appreciate the info💪🏻

Archived