Second Skin Audio

Port placement, subwoofer placement? Need Help!

Okay, so I used to know the answer to my question. I forget, need help with this.
What is the optimal subwoofer placement when designing a box? Like where would you put the subwoofer compared to the port.

I'm going sub up, port back.

But I completely forget where to put the subwoofer. Closest to the port, or away from the port?

A)
or
B )

sub box.png

3 hours ago, BassHeadBlakeYo said:

Okay, so I used to know the answer to my question. I forget, need help with this.
What is the optimal subwoofer placement when designing a box? Like where would you put the subwoofer compared to the port.

I'm going sub up, port back.

But I completely forget where to put the subwoofer. Closest to the port, or away from the port?

A)
or
B )

sub box.png

What’s up Blake, typically from what I’ve seen in boxes configured like that it is usually sub away from the port like in figure B. I have a box very similar to your design in my car now and the guy that made it for me made the sub away from the port just like figure B. You’ll love the sub up port back style. In an suv it’s awesome

1 hour ago, Mattc43 said:

What’s up Blake, typically from what I’ve seen in boxes configured like that it is usually sub away from the port like in figure B. I have a box very similar to your design in my car now and the guy that made it for me made the sub away from the port just like figure B. You’ll love the sub up port back style. In an suv it’s awesome

I usually build em that way, this way my last project . a zvx 12 on a taramps hd that I finally figured out I had tuned wrong, still bumped doe!

IMG_20220104_124200 (2).jpg

Archived