Installing HO alt in Chrylser LX platform cars?

Hey all, first post here.

Anyone have experience getting a high output alternator installed in a late '00s 300c, Charger, or Magnum?

I'm looking towards getting started on my first system build.

I'm not super mechanically inclined, but looks like I'd need a shorter belt, along with spacers and special mounting screws, and/or other mounting hardware?

Any advice would help. Also, if you know of a shop in the Northern California area that has experience installing HO alts, feel free to vouch for them.

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, stew510 said:

Hey all, first post here.

Anyone have experience getting a high output alternator installed in a late '00s 300c, Charger, or Magnum?

I'm looking towards getting started on my first system build.

I'm not super mechanically inclined, but looks like I'd need a shorter belt, along with spacers and special mounting screws, and/or other mounting hardware?

Any advice would help. Also, if you know of a shop in the Northern California area that has experience installing HO alts, feel free to vouch for them.

Thanks!

Do you know what brand alternator you where thinking about getting? Generally, if you go with a reputable, established company (which I highly suggest! Don't cheap out on the heart of your vehicle) then it's just drop it in, plug and play. Stock mounting holes, stock mounting hardware. 

You might need a smaller belt, maybe not. That depends on how your tensioner works on your engine and how much play you have in that, but a good way to figure out the difference is measure the diameter of the stock pulley, then measure the aftermarket pulley, and subtract the difference. That should get you in the ballpark. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 11:52 AM, Dafaseles said:

Do you know what brand alternator you where thinking about getting? Generally, if you go with a reputable, established company (which I highly suggest! Don't cheap out on the heart of your vehicle) then it's just drop it in, plug and play. Stock mounting holes, stock mounting hardware. 

You might need a smaller belt, maybe not. That depends on how your tensioner works on your engine and how much play you have in that, but a good way to figure out the difference is measure the diameter of the stock pulley, then measure the aftermarket pulley, and subtract the difference. That should get you in the ballpark. 

Thanks for the info! after digging around visiting shops, calling places, sending emails, a shop in Oakland, CA called Phat Boyz looks like they can give me a hand! They built a Magnum very similar to mine, so I think this is a good starting point.

4 hours ago, stew510 said:

Thanks for the info! after digging around visiting shops, calling places, sending emails, a shop in Oakland, CA called Phat Boyz looks like they can give me a hand! They built a Magnum very similar to mine, so I think this is a good starting point.

Phat boys is legit as fuck! Good choice! If I had to take my truck to a shop, that's the only one I'd consider in the area to be honest. 

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the late update, but I got the alternator installed at Phat Boyz! Great work by them. Got a 340A Autotech now. Went ahead and got the mids and highs done as well, 2000.4 for the mids along with 800.4 for the tweeters. Also replaced the stock battery with a XS D3400R. Looking towards adding some bass now!

27 minutes ago, stew510 said:

Sorry for the late update, but I got the alternator installed at Phat Boyz! Great work by them. Got a 340A Autotech now. Went ahead and got the mids and highs done as well, 2000.4 for the mids along with 800.4 for the tweeters. Also replaced the stock battery with a XS D3400R. Looking towards adding some bass now!

Nice! 

What are you thinking about running for the bass side? 

8 minutes ago, stew510 said:

Trying to see what more I could add without having to add another battery if possible. Currently a Hifonics 1600.1D on a Skar 15 EVL. Requested advice in a separate post to keep things organized 😄

You said you got your doors done by them too? Or just those amps installed? 

If you got your doors done by them, I'd like to see some pics of the work! 

13 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

You said you got your doors done by them too? Or just those amps installed? 

If you got your doors done by them, I'd like to see some pics of the work! 

Yessir! Sorry don't think I mentioned that. Perhaps it would be better if I created a new post of my current system?

7 minutes ago, stew510 said:

Yessir! Sorry don't think I mentioned that. Perhaps it would be better if I created a new post of my current system?

Lol. That's fine. I'd like to see the work done personally. I think it's cool looking at other people's builds. Gives me ideas for the builds I find myself a part of

Archived