Installing HO alt in Chrylser LX platform cars?

10 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Lol. That's fine. I'd like to see the work done personally. I think it's cool looking at other people's builds. Gives me ideas for the builds I find myself a part of

Actually I'll just post pics here for now. I'll post after work!

29 minutes ago, stew510 said:

Actually I'll just post pics here for now. I'll post after work!

Here are the doors! All 4 doors done. Material is crocodile. Each door has 2 8s and 1 bullet tweeter. Fab done by Phat Boyz!

EDIT: first image is front doors, last image back doors.

20220706_133807.jpg

20220706_133756.jpg

4x6 photo.jpg

Whaaaat! Crocodile? That's hella dope! 

Clean ass Magnum too. I always liked that car! 

I was going to say, if you live around the east bay, if you need any help building or installing anything, I live in the area.... but your ride is too clean for me to mess up lol. 

I do have a DD-1 and CC-1 if you ever need to tune an amplifier. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

6 hours ago, Dafaseles said:

Whaaaat! Crocodile? That's hella dope! 

Clean ass Magnum too. I always liked that car! 

I was going to say, if you live around the east bay, if you need any help building or installing anything, I live in the area.... but your ride is too clean for me to mess up lol. 

I do have a DD-1 and CC-1 if you ever need to tune an amplifier. 

Thank you! I appreciate that a lot 😄. I may need to take up that offer when I get the 3k amp installed haha. I moved to San Jose to be closer to my job, but usually I'm between Oakland and San Jose during the weekends

Appreciate the feedback guys. Next step will be to upgrade bass, eyeing the Taramps Smart 3K bass. I'd love to go crazy with bass but the amount of work that would need to get done to this wagon is very expensive. This would include reinforcing the roof, and removing the sunroof so the bass doesn't shatter it. I'd also have to get new springs in the rear to handle 500+ pounds of equipment, and maybe new tires that can handle more weight? Probably looking at a few thousand dollars before any big bass comes into play 😢

Hopefully I don't get crucified too hard for this but I think I may just get the pre-made Skar enclosure for 3 12s and stick 3 1K RMS 12s in it. I'd also try and do all the work myself as a learning experience 🙂. Thinking of wiring them down to .67 ohms. Not sure how much louder it will be than 1 15 on 1600, but we'll see!

5 hours ago, stew510 said:

Thank you! I appreciate that a lot 😄. I may need to take up that offer when I get the 3k amp installed haha. I moved to San Jose to be closer to my job, but usually I'm between Oakland and San Jose during the weekends

I'm in San Lorenzo. I'm usually free on the weekends, so you need any help, hit me up

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

dude those doors/car are fabulous man, woweee.

On 7/27/2022 at 6:28 PM, stew510 said:

Here are the doors! All 4 doors done. Material is crocodile. Each door has 2 8s and 1 bullet tweeter. Fab done by Phat Boyz!

EDIT: first image is front doors, last image back doors.

Archived