Charging voltage

Some dude, did the same thing,... and he made a video about it. Let me look, and see if i can find it. (and no, its not dangerous at all, in fact, thats usually how alt makers get a higher charge,... they trick the alt sense wire)

Let me look. 

EDIT- found it...(also, there are some people that make a "boost mod" but its like 500 bucks. Ya, fuck that. All i wanted was like 1-1.3 more volts, was all. And this did the trick, and took me about 2 minutes, and cost 2 dollars, and is dead ass reliable.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Double check me, ... im just going from memory, but, i wanna say it was the 7.5a ALT-S (in my world, that would be ALT SENSE) fuse. It sees the voltage, and the alt, charges accordingly. So, the fused diode above, knocks the voltage down around a volt, making the alt think, its a volt down, from actual, and, well, charges accordingly. Really super easy, cheap, reliable method to get a bit more voltage. They make other fused diodes, with different values, so, you could get one that is 2 volts down, or whatever. For me, im fine where it is. Also, the direction does matter. (the line and arrow on top) But, if you put it in wrong, youll get a charge light, just shut it off, reverse it, and boom, your done. 

Also, the part, is a little bit larger, hence the filing/sanding you can see, to get it to fit better, but, it aint no thing. Good luck. 

EEE44B50-27C1-4F07-B6E6-B239895E7E99.jpg

EDIT- pay no attention to the labeling above, I just yoinked the pic off the interwebz, to show ya....

On 2/11/2022 at 9:58 PM, Kyblack76 said:

Double check me, ... im just going from memory, but, i wanna say it was the 7.5a ALT-S (in my world, that would be ALT SENSE) fuse. It sees the voltage, and the alt, charges accordingly. So, the fused diode above, knocks the voltage down around a volt, making the alt think, its a volt down, from actual, and, well, charges accordingly. Really super easy, cheap, reliable method to get a bit more voltage. They make other fused diodes, with different values, so, you could get one that is 2 volts down, or whatever. For me, im fine where it is. Also, the direction does matter. (the line and arrow on top) But, if you put it in wrong, youll get a charge light, just shut it off, reverse it, and boom, your done. 

Also, the part, is a little bit larger, hence the filing/sanding you can see, to get it to fit better, but, it aint no thing. Good luck. 

EEE44B50-27C1-4F07-B6E6-B239895E7E99.jpg

EDIT- pay no attention to the labeling above, I just yoinked the pic off the interwebz, to show ya....

I have seen those videos and that is a good little trick but the power wire I’ll run off the alternator will go straight back to my lithium bank correct? Doing a battery delete. Would that trick still work? I actually just ordered that diode to boost my voltage for my amp I have now haha

13 minutes ago, 02Blazer said:

wonder what's up with the 14.8v set point then ???? 😲

well then it sounds as if you'll be good to go 👍

Maybe it’s a typo on their website 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Not sure! I’m happy to see it’ll work tho! Excited to build this bank. Definitely think lithium will suit me well

22 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

Maybe it’s a typo on their website 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Not sure! I’m happy to see it’ll work tho! Excited to build this bank. Definitely think lithium will suit me well

just take your time and BE CAREFUL !!!  👍

6 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

I will. Any tips? I think I’m going to get a small fire extinguisher for my car as well

the bank catching fire in your vehicle is not much of an issue as long as you don't dead short it ! i was primarily talking about when you build it , use caution as to not short the busbars , the arc will melt metal like a plasma cutter ! 

when assembling cells with your busbars , use some eva or other non-conductive material to put between bars/plates so you don't short your cells . make sure you balance your cells by connecting all the positives together and connect all the negatives together (DO NOT CONNECT POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE )and let them sit to balance themselves out . put them somewhere safe where they won't be shorted somehow 

272024210_1103489727118473_7075811640227632827_n.jpg

Archived