Sonic Electronix

The box i have at the moment does have a slanted back. Box is supposed to be 1cuft sealed.

Someone did say i could use a box that takes up the full width of the back but is more shallow and use 2 x 10inch shallow subs. Dunno if shallow subs are any good though.

This is one I'm building today for a RF P2 10, we can design something similar if you want to stick to 1 sub. The main issue I see is your available height. You can probably do a pipe side port but optimum port area may require more length than what'll be available. That can be combated using a flared port. You can also grab something like this:

https://amazon.com/dp/B01N9UFYYN

There's a customer return one for $115 (look at used), that's an option if you don't have the tools to build or you just don't feel like doing it. If you're willing to invest more than $300 on a new amp & sub though, I can try to steer you in the direction I'd go. If you don't want to invest in new gear and just want a new box, I can try to steer you the way I'd go or help you design one you'd build yourself. That dual 10" enclosure will require a new amp, around $100. If you're willing to spend $ though, let us know your budget and I'm sure we'll all have different opinions on what to do, but you can entertain our ideas.

IMG_20220220_121913_01.jpg

IMG_20220220_121830_01.jpg

Nice box design. Im looking to stay compact from the reading iv done some people saying going with a square sub in the box i already have cutting its hole out to square shape would give more cone area and power handling so loudness gains would be greater.

Do square make that much difference over round?

It makes a difference but it isn't like a 12" L7R will be equal to a round 15" CompR or anything. The enclosure in the picture is only 1.25 sq ft. It's too tall for you, but it shows a different shape so it doesn't stick out as far. There's 12's that work in as little as 1cu ft, going wider gives you room for a port. I'm not saying the particular box I'm building, I'm using that as an example. Your 1 cu ft square'ish box doesn't have enough room to port it with its current shape. If you don't care & want to stay sealed, shape doesn't matter. If you're looking to port it, that particular box will need some sort of external port because of its shape. We can design you a wider/more recessed box if you want to go ported but I guess I'm still unsure what you're after. Are you looking to replace gear, use your old gear or what? You seem like you want to keep that particular box, which is totally ok, but if that's the case, you should be looking for a 12 with a high qts rating and a larger amp. 

Archived