Second Skin Audio

Fi Sp4 box design

CountryBeast199

So I have 4 18" sp4 v1's and am wanting to do a wall, I had 2 in a ported flat wall last season but after further research I'm confused on which ensure is best. According to some online sources and the tuning program I use they are more suited for a 4th order or sealed enclosure? Read somewhere they are named sp4 because it stands for "special 4th"? Just curious if they would be better in a 4th wall over a standard ported wall?

7 minutes ago, CountryBeast199 said:

So I have 4 18" sp4 v1's and am wanting to do a wall, I had 2 in a ported flat wall last season but after further research I'm confused on which ensure is best. According to some online sources and the tuning program I use they are more suited for a 4th order or sealed enclosure? Read somewhere they are named sp4 because it stands for "special 4th"? Just curious if they would be better in a 4th wall over a standard ported wall?

I can't answer that question.... just wanted to pop in and say I'm fucking jealous! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

4 minutes ago, CountryBeast199 said:

Lol I technically have 5 cuz I have a bare motor, was going to buy 2 more and do a 6 18 build in a van I have but idk yet 

That would be awesome! And those SP4's are beautiful subs as well. What would you be pushing them with? 

I looked up the t/s parameters. I got a QTS of .55. That lends itself to be more suited for a sealed/ 4th order bandpass, but, in my opinion, that's right on the border. It could go either way. There are some guys on here that are way better with enclosure design and can model subs. Hopefully one of them can chime in. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

50 minutes ago, CountryBeast199 said:

Those SP4 18 will definitely work in 4th order bandpass.

6 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

That would be awesome! And those SP4's are beautiful subs as well. What would you be pushing them with? 

I looked up the t/s parameters. I got a QTS of .55. That lends itself to be more suited for a sealed/ 4th order bandpass, but, in my opinion, that's right on the border. It could go either way. There are some guys on here that are way better with enclosure design and can model subs. Hopefully one of them can chime in. 

Ya I mean the 2 I had in the ported wall sounded good and was loud, right now I just have a tarramps bass 8k but Idk if I'm going to use it, been looking into those cab 4500's 

7 minutes ago, Joe X said:

Those SP4 18 will definitely work in 4th order bandpass.

Ya thats what I was thinking, account to speakerboxlite they perform better in a 4th, much bigger bandwidth over ported and a higher peak, I just know they are also loud in a ported box so was just wanting some others to chime in with experience having them in a 4th

Archived