Crossover Question

Jeremy009

Hey guys, hope all is well. Am in need of an assist again. Now i know with car audio, its normal for the response to most questions to be "it depends"

That being said, am trying my hands on a pair of the below speaker (link below), they are 8ohms rated 175rms each. The will be bridged together for a 4ohm load on a cresendo symphony s4 (440rms 4ohm bridged) and ill eq the hell out of them.

The speaker has and fs of 100hz and freq resp of 90hz-4khz.

My question is, can i cross them at 100hz 36db slope and 4khz 36db slope safely? They will be blending into a pair of arc audio x2 silk dome which will play 4khz upwards.

The speakers would not be in the doors so stereo and beaming with not be an issue. They will be in a compact ported box in the head rest of my sedan (i attached a pic for reference)

Thanks in advance

https://faitalpro.com/en/products/LF_Loudspeakers/product_details/index.php?id=401020115

Screenshot_20220213-133820_Facebook.jpg

• Jeremy009 changed the title to Crossover Question

You can (if you have the gear to do it) cross them over, where ever you want. Start where you have suggested, mic it, or listen to it, and adjust accordingly. Dont over think it mate. I just would not go full rip, right off. Play some music, and start turning it up, tweak accordingly. 

Archived