Second Skin Audio

Anyone have any experience running the Harmony Audio Monolith subwooders

pervitizm

So taxes haven't been kind to me this year. So instead of getting a refund I owe a lot to the IRS. But I still want to compete this spring/summer. With that said my original upgrade plans will have to change cause I'm working with half the planned budget. Right now I'm currently running four (4) CT Sounds Tropo 18's off of a pair of very old and very hot running Kicker zx2500.1. These are the 2006 model amps and while they still work, they are showing their age and heat and don't know if they'll last another season.  This year I'm planning on doing new subs and amps. I'm thinking about running the Harmony Audio Monolith 18's to swap out the Tropos with, and for amplifiers I'm thinking a pair of the JP23 for now and maybe later in the year after I've paid off Uncle Sam I can add two more JP23. That way each  Monolith will have its own amp vs two subs per amp.

Thoughts and opinions on doing something like this is welcomed?  Wanting/needing more feedback on those running the Monoliths subs from Harmony Audio actually or those who are running JP23 amplifiers. 

[Harmony Audio Monolith](https://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Harmony-Audio-HA-ML181-Monolith-18-Competition-Sub-3500W-Dual-1-Ohm-Subwoofer-HA-ML181)

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Daily bump. I'd be shocked if not a single person on this forum has any experience with this brand.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Why not run your subs and buy new amps and build a different  box to see if you can get a higher score … never even heard of harmony audio.  Just looked at the site the monolith looks ok nothing spectacular… if you want to run new subs and both I’d go FI or DC over those…. Oh I’m guessing you want to try those because of the price point? 400 for a 3500 watt 18 

3 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

Why not run your subs and buy new amps and build a different  box to see if you can get a higher score … never even heard of harmony audio.  Just looked at the site the monolith looks ok nothing spectacular… if you want to run new subs and both I’d go FI or DC over those…. Oh I’m guessing you want to try those because of the price point? 400 for a 3500 watt 18 

Yeah I wanted to try something different. And my signature is wrong. I haven't ran the DC's in about 5/6 years. I'm currently running CT Sound Tropo's in the Suburban. And as much as I want to run the DC's I just didn't have the money to do it this year the way I want to do it. Plus I kinda wanna give the Harmony's a shot and see who they are. What I spent on getting the 4 harmony's would have only covered 2 out of the 4 DC XL's I truly wanted to run this year. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

1 hour ago, Joe X said:

What happened to your DC Audo Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils that you have listed?

I still have them. One has a coil rub and the other one is fine. I might build a single ported box and stick one in it for my daily driver. But I have no plans on doing DC this year. Maybe next year if I can not owe the IRS like $3k. Also this was the other reason why I couldn't run DC this year. My DC money went towards paying off Uncle Sam this year. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

So I did pull the trigger and order the Monoliths and instead of 2 JP23's I'm running 4 JP23's. So an amp per subwoofer. 

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

14 hours ago, pervitizm said:

I still have them. One has a coil rub and the other one is fine. I might build a single ported box and stick one in it for my daily driver. But I have no plans on doing DC this year. Maybe next year if I can not owe the IRS like $3k. Also this was the other reason why I couldn't run DC this year. My DC money went towards paying off Uncle Sam this year. 

You said you still wanted to run dc why didn’t you just recone your subs? Anyways when you get them in leave your opinion and what not

12 hours ago, CstrokerV said:

You said you still wanted to run dc why didn’t you just recone your subs? Anyways when you get them in leave your opinion and what not

I'll eventually get around to ordering the records from DC and doing it. For now though I wanted to try something a little different and fairly cheaper.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Archived