Second Skin Audio

Anyone have any experience running the Harmony Audio Monolith subwooders

pervitizm

I got them in today. These are heavier than I thought. At 50.2lbs per a lot more weight than the 20lbs Tropos. But my box was built to handle DC XL size subs.  One day I'll get those DC's but for now its the Harmony and the JP23's.

Harmony Audio Monolith

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Got them into the box and back inside the truck. Now I just need to install and gain set the amplifiers. 

Harmony Audio Monoliths

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

46 minutes ago, Joe X said:

Let us know how it went and show us some pics if possible.

The links in my post takes you to all my pics posted up on Instagram 

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Here's a video I did today with them all finally playing.

https://youtu.be/sI2JLKjeyeM

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

2 hours ago, Infektid said:

yay or nay. i was looking at some of those also. the amps are really underpowered from the tests i have seen . 

I'm liking them for sure. They are breaking  in now and yeah. Compare to what they've replaced I'm indeed impressed by them for sure.  My HU sends clipping signals at volume 38 and up. That's where I would go volume wise when I competed last spring with the Tropo's. The best score I got was a 143. 

With these breaking in still, I can barely get them up to 32 volume wise, before the pressure  starts to hurt a bit.  And they still sound clean too.  I would recommend them right now for sure. But ask me again in a month or so. I'm betting once they've been broken in and the suspension has loosen up a bit they'll be even better. I want to get numbers on them while at a 2ohm configuration before I decide if I want to play them at .5ohm load.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Those subs are made by Jiaxing Jinlida Electron in China.  Most of the decent subwoofer offerings these days are made by them, Dentaly Electronics, or Ningbo factory all located in China. Brands that come to mind that use these factories include but are not limited to are deaf bonce, massive, American bass, ct sounds, ground zero, DD, genius, skar, sundown, and the list goes on. For what they sell these for its not a bad deal at all. Is there better? Absolutely but for an 18” it will definitely cost more. Stick to the rated power and avoid clipping and they should last you a long time. 

Archived