Second Skin Audio

Will this box work?

sragde

Hello,  i am trying to figure out a box for my daily, i came up with something like this, but don't know if the box will be good... I have some drafts from Torres box tuning program (im newbie) and a model of a box. I would appreciate feedback and what could i improve?

sad.png

dddd.png

So the first things to check would be the following:

1) if you build your enclosure outside you may not be able to get it inside the trunk being so large. So you need to determine what box size you can actually get inside or build inside the trunk.

2) Your subs are D2 so you won't be able to wire down to 1 ohm, so you will be limited to 1500W.

3) for trunk cars you will not want to do subs up for any reason, since your rear seats fold down, the best configuration is subs forward /port forward sealed off, alternately subs back / port back without sealing off. This is because of trunk lid rattling that can be difficult / impossible /costly to control and causes overall loss of output. The box style you used is mainly for use with SUVs or some hatchbacks.

11 hours ago, Joe X said:

So the first things to check would be the following:

1) if you build your enclosure outside you may not be able to get it inside the trunk being so large. So you need to determine what box size you can actually get inside or build inside the trunk.

2) Your subs are D2 so you won't be able to wire down to 1 ohm, so you will be limited to 1500W.

3) for trunk cars you will not want to do subs up for any reason, since your rear seats fold down, the best configuration is subs forward /port forward sealed off, alternately subs back / port back without sealing off. This is because of trunk lid rattling that can be difficult / impossible /costly to control and causes overall loss of output. The box style you used is mainly for use with SUVs or some hatchbacks.

Thank you for your  great answer, did not know about sub placement, will re-do my design. 

Archived