Fuse verification

From the alternator to the battery, I would personally just fuse to the wire for both. The fuses are to protect the wire from overheating and burning. So if you're using some good 1/0 OFC wire, that's usually rated for 350 amps. So I would use 2 350 amp fuses. Is your battery under the hood? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Yea. Got a 95 gmc sierra. Got an xspower s3400 under the hood and a Northstar 220 in the back. Double runs from front to back. Back batt is grounded to the frame. I drilled some holes and bolted it to the frame. Sanded down to bare metal of course. Using sky high ofc 

So, it is always safest to use fuse...

Back when I had a battery under the hood, I didn't fuse from the alternator to the battery because, I had 2 runs on a 370, and after I mounted the fuse block for the alternator, and the other for the battery side, I was only protecting maybe a foot of wire. So I just monitored it and checked it often, making sure it wasn't going to fail. 

I'm not telling you that's what you should do. It is 100% always safest to fuse as close to the alternator, and as close to the battery as possible to protect the cable in between the fuses. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived