Question about lithium

So, I need help, once again. Thank you for these forums... lol. I recently bought a JY Power HP-40. I love it and already and want more. I also bought a limitless lithium 25ah the same day as the jy power and never used it. Now I want more lithium power. I don't want to take a $1,000 loss on my jy power hp-40. My question is... how would I connect 2 of the jy power hp-40s together? Or would I be better off to just run 1 directly before each subwoofer amp? I've also been doing alot of research and it seems like these limitless lithium 25ah are super caps that are designed to go under the hood. I just put in underground power delete and love it. Should I just hook the limitless super cap up between the amplifiers and the JY Power? I'm not exactly new to this, just confusing the crap out of my self the deeper I get in to this. Thanks for the help. Pictures of system included. 

*Alpine ilx-f309 halo 9

*(2) Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp 

*1 12" Sundown audio ns v4 d2

*2 12" Sundown audio z v4 d1

*2 10" Sundown audio x v2 d2 (not hooked up at moment)

*Underground power battery delete 

*(2) SMD vu-din (hooking up tomorrow, just got in mail)

*SMD triple play (2 om-1, vm-1.. just got in mail also)

*Js alternator 370 amp alternator (2 runs 1/0 OFC from alt to delete)

*alternator dual output terminal 

*1/0 OFC power wire (1 run at the moment)

*Slam Panda rca Slam box

*Audio control overdrive plus

*SPL Lab bass meter 

20220314_101100.thumb.jpg.4f3ebdb61a9331aec9952196ec2fcdb0.jpg20220311_153717.thumb.jpg.2c964e0fc6ddced9cc75b5e87a6e4bf1.jpg20220311_112503.thumb.jpg.aa9369bcc554ff036aa65cc84acad816.jpg20220304_153215.thumb.jpg.56b6e7035dfdf44f2df30bc669e3b787.jpg1647648946274967742780834680235.thumb.jpg.3ded4b230aa9ecaaefecdab6c6c93f98.jpg16476490440707949728710853335334.thumb.jpg.b13d3425351ec81e62a3fcde0f931b94.jpg16476491400132579487018813326804.thumb.jpg.67f28cf952de021503a6cf1400ff8a8f.jpg

20220314_101046.jpg

First off, you should NEVER put lithium under the hood of a vehicle, it can't handle that type of heat at all. I think there is only one company that makes a lithium battery that can handle that type of torture and I want to say its the new XS Power Titan lithium's (but I could be wrong). The additional heat from being under the hood will severely shorten the batteries life, cause swelling, and in severe cases cause the batteries to vent or catch fire.
Almost everyone that runs lithium does a "front battery delete" and makes a fake box with distribution bars on the top to mimic the under hood battery, and then has the lithium in the back.

Secondly if your going to use 2 JY Power HP-40s just wire both batteries together in parallel just like you would with multiple AGM batteries. So connect both batteries positives together, and connect both batteries negatives together. 

Third Limitless Lithium 25ah is a lithium battery, I don't believe Limitless offers super capacitors at all, nor have they in the past so whoever is saying that clearly has no idea what they are talking about. The only reason that I could think of on why someone would claim that is because Limitless use a different type of cell that is round that look similar to super capacitors but are not.
Lithium batteries come in all different types of configurations such as larger round cells, square/rectangular cells, pouches, and even smaller cells that one would use in their vape. Not only do they come in those various sizes they have a bunch of different chemistries such as LifePO4, LTO, LiMn2O4, and so many more but these are just a few of the chemistries used in car audio. You don't want to mix different chemistries of lithium together because they have different charge and discharge ratings which could cause 1 type of lithium to discharge the other type when the vehicle is off. I know there are some that can be used with others and some that can even be used with AGM batteries but I forget the chemistry types but even still its best not to do it period.

I'm pretty sure that both the JY Power HP-40 and the Limitless Lithium 25ah are both LifePO4 cells though but 1 is a rectangular type cell and the other brand uses round cells. If it was me though Id just sell the Limitless and take that money to get a 3rd matching HP-40, or spend it on something else.

15 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

First off, you should NEVER put lithium under the hood of a vehicle, it can't handle that type of heat at all. I think there is only one company that makes a lithium battery that can handle that type of torture and I want to say its the new XS Power Titan lithium's (but I could be wrong). The additional heat from being under the hood will severely shorten the batteries life, cause swelling, and in severe cases cause the batteries to vent or catch fire.
Almost everyone that runs lithium does a "front battery delete" and makes a fake box with distribution bars on the top to mimic the under hood battery, and then has the lithium in the back.

Secondly if your going to use 2 JY Power HP-40s just wire both batteries together in parallel just like you would with multiple AGM batteries. So connect both batteries positives together, and connect both batteries negatives together. 

Third Limitless Lithium 25ah is a lithium battery, I don't believe Limitless offers super capacitors at all, nor have they in the past so whoever is saying that clearly has no idea what they are talking about. The only reason that I could think of on why someone would claim that is because Limitless use a different type of cell that is round that look similar to super capacitors but are not.
Lithium batteries come in all different types of configurations such as larger round cells, square/rectangular cells, pouches, and even smaller cells that one would use in their vape. Not only do they come in those various sizes they have a bunch of different chemistries such as LifePO4, LTO, LiMn2O4, and so many more but these are just a few of the chemistries used in car audio. You don't want to mix different chemistries of lithium together because they have different charge and discharge ratings which could cause 1 type of lithium to discharge the other type when the vehicle is off. I know there are some that can be used with others and some that can even be used with AGM batteries but I forget the chemistry types but even still its best not to do it period.

I'm pretty sure that both the JY Power HP-40 and the Limitless Lithium 25ah are both LifePO4 cells though but 1 is a rectangular type cell and the other brand uses round cells. If it was me though Id just sell the Limitless and take that money to get a 3rd matching HP-40, or spend it on something else.

Screenshot_20220319-184932_Chrome.jpg

15 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

I'm not having voltage drop issues at the moment. I've ordered 2 sundown audio salt 4 amplifiers and just want to have more than enough power (lithium). As for what I said about Limitless Lithium super caps under the hood, I got that info straight off their website and off SMD forums. (Screenshots included) Thanks for your responses and help, greatly appreciate it. Screenshot_20220319-184809_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9765757ae81838d359cb1dd1d7bfa587.jpg

Screenshot_20220319-184932_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220319-184801_Chrome.jpg

On 3/18/2022 at 7:19 PM, Jcd81381 said:

I've also been doing alot of research and it seems like these limitless lithium 25ah are super caps that are designed to go under the hood

Ok, so Limitless offers a super capacitor setup, my bad.

I don't follow what all these companies offer because all of them are basically taking another companies product and branding it as their own, it's really nothing special that they are doing and anyone can do it which is why I build my own banks instead of paying someone triple the price for putting a few busbars and nuts on.
In this case those appear to be Maxwell caps which have been used in car audio for the last 5+ years now long before the lithium boom.
Either way though that is one specific and product.
Just because the one product is made for "under the hood" use, and is a super capacitor, it doesnt mean the other products they offer are as well.
Besides that super capacitors are going to be way more useful closest to the amplifier(s) and not 17 feet worth of resistive wire away. Making a battery delete for under the hood with positive/negative distribution blocks is the way to go, and if your heart is set on adding a super cap bank add it in the rear in parallel to your lithium.
Also the Limitless 25ah you have IS NOT a super cap, it is a LifePO4 lithium battery, and SHOULD NOT go under your hood. Period! 

Edit: Also worth adding that super capacitors ARE NOT batteries like they claim on their site, they store energy which is the only resemblance, they are made to fill and empty their charge rapidly.
Capacitors WILL lose their charge over periods of time and go dead, which means the capacitors will drain your batteries when the vehicle is not being ran so if you do buy a capacitor bank keep that in mind.
Id say if you only drive the vehicle periodically and you may not drive it for a week its a wise idea to disconnect the capacitor bank from the electrical system or it will run your actual batteries kind of dead or completely dead.

On 3/20/2022 at 2:57 AM, Infektid said:

you maybe in the middle of doing stuff there but please... sand that ground down under the hood. use a different spot if you have to and use a nut and bolt with washers but metal to metal please. 👍

it is sanded, I just do directly underneath the connector so I do have bare metal showing and have to paint it or primer.  I can't stand seeing 2 inches of  bare metal around grounding points.  Thats a pet peeve of mine. Lol. 

Good looking out and great eye tho. 

16478713043192784041273185256397.jpg

16478714626767009342132813007999.jpg

Archived