Second Skin Audio

10’s or 8’s ?

Ron36

So I’m going to be building a box under seat design and my options are 2 Sundown SD-3 10’s or 4 Skar VD -8’s , both will fit in the same SEALED box and ran off a Skar RP1200.1 , I have the Sundown subs already is it even worth it to think about the 4 Skars or will it pretty much sound the same. In my head 4 subs says louder but there smaller and same power. The Amp can be changed it’s not a big deal it’s what I have laying around.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

18 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

So I’m going to be building a box under seat design and my options are 2 Sundown SD-3 10’s or 4 Skar VD -8’s , both will fit in the same SEALED box and ran off a Skar RP1200.1 , I have the Sundown subs already is it even worth it to think about the 4 Skars or will it pretty much sound the same. In my head 4 subs says louder but there smaller and same power. The Amp can be changed it’s not a big deal it’s what I have laying around.

4 8’s will have more cone area so they should be louder. 

8 hours ago, Ron36 said:

Either option installed in the same box size and both wired to the same 1 ohm impedance and being sourced the same power, there will be less than 3 dB difference between them so no compelling reason to upgrade. To the ear if you don't get 5-6 dB gain from an upgrade you are just wasting your time.

Archived