Second Skin Audio

Midbass 6" Enclosure Question

Jeremy009

Hey guys, hope all is well.
Am trying a small project for the headrests in my car. Its a compact ported headrest box (pic attached for reference). In there goes a faital pro 6fe300 midbass 6" and a silk dome.
Now after speaker displacement the box is 0.1 net with a port tuned to 155hz. The mounting depth of the speaker is 3" and the box is 3.5" which only leaves 0.5" for the pole vent of the speaker.
Am thinking to line ONLY the back of the box with dacron. Which is about 0.5" thick. What can happen here seeing that the pole vent may be partially up against the dacron? Also, will the tuning of the box drop a bit? Because thats the goal.
Do it or nahh lol thankss a mill

Screenshot_20220213-133820_Facebook.jpg

On 3/20/2022 at 8:53 AM, Jeremy009 said:

Hey guys, hope all is well.
Am trying a small project for the headrests in my car. Its a compact ported headrest box (pic attached for reference). In there goes a faital pro 6fe300 midbass 6" and a silk dome.
Now after speaker displacement the box is 0.1 net with a port tuned to 155hz. The mounting depth of the speaker is 3" and the box is 3.5" which only leaves 0.5" for the pole vent of the speaker.
Am thinking to line ONLY the back of the box with dacron. Which is about 0.5" thick. What can happen here seeing that the pole vent may be partially up against the dacron? Also, will the tuning of the box drop a bit? Because thats the goal.
Do it or nahh lol thankss a mill

Damping in a ported box make response slightly less peaky and may lose some output, that's about it.

That enclosure models very peaky at around 150Hz (white plot), this is what I get tuning lower to 90Hz on the same box size (yellow plot):

01t150vs01t90.png

And here is a 0.2 net tuned to 85Hz box compared to what you have, you get much more low end extension (red plot):

01at150vs02at85.png

Archived