Second Skin Audio

Port Help!?

skaltima

Just finished up with my build, and getting some funky noise when hitting higher frequencies. Build is a 4th order wall, 7.8 sealed, 15 ported, for 4 Avatar STU 1546s on a BASS 15k. i started off with a port 26x14 & 6 inches long and from 22-35 it plays perfect. but any higher than that, i get a weird ass noise coming from in the box. Any suggestions? 

24 minutes ago, skaltima said:

Just finished up with my build, and getting some funky noise when hitting higher frequencies. Build is a 4th order wall, 7.8 sealed, 15 ported, for 4 Avatar STU 1546s on a BASS 15k. i started off with a port 26x14 & 6 inches long and from 22-35 it plays perfect. but any higher than that, i get a weird ass noise coming from in the box. Any suggestions? 

Are you positive it’s not the subs making the noise? Did you round the edges of each piece of the port inside the box? Any pics of the box at all?

20 minutes ago, djdilliodon said:

Are you positive it’s not the subs making the noise? Did you round the edges of each piece of the port inside the box? Any pics of the box at all?

yeah subs are totally fine. and no i haven’t rounded them just yet, the port that’s in there i just threw in to start testing. box is rough right now, haven’t got around to making everything pretty 

8EDED3E2-39A6-45A7-B448-3C4BE43F23BD.jpeg

8A88DB6F-4997-4B07-9F66-F051E67A5E77.jpeg

Archived