Second Skin Audio

Box For 2 Skar Audio VXF-15

Fastxb13r

Hi I’m making a box for 2 15” Skar Audio VXF-15 I had one and had it in a box with the exact hertz and just doubled the size for 2 in order to try to reproduce the similar sound. Issue is I feel the port isn’t accurate when using subbox pro and am wondering if someone can assist? I’m by no means a pro but I’m good at building the boxes and bracing and such just the port is always tricky and I want to avoid port turbulence. Can some of you seasoned pros take a look and assist or give me input on this?

https://subbox.pro/en/b/iFbrmgWzf

Okay, I got you. So I have 2x vxf 15s myself. Your main problem here is that you didn’t increase the port size for the 2 subs, you will want anywhere from 14-16 sq inches port area per net internal volume. Also, you internal volume is a little high for those subs, well I would say really high. Depending on what power you are putting on them, a good net internal box size for these subs is 6.6-6.9. You are sitting at 9 net cubes which is huge. I will give you my box specs, I’m 6.4 net cubes, tuned high at 35hz with 132 square inches of port area. 

However is my situation, I’m overpowering the subs so I have them in slightly smaller box, with bigger port area. Im about 21 inches port area per net cub (6.4x21) to give me 132 square inches port area. I have a friend I met online with same 2x vxf 15s, he has 6.8 net cubes, 112 port area, tuned 32hz and his sounds fantastic also. Im tuned at 35hz and can play 27-63hz with ease at max power. He can play 22-63hz with ease and slightly different bass sound but they both sound great. You will need at least 105 + square inches of port I would say for those subs on 3k rms + . I have mine on tar amps smart 5 and so does friends, absolutely slaps.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2022 at 1:40 PM, CMcLane816 said:

However is my situation, I’m overpowering the subs so I have them in slightly smaller box, with bigger port area. Im about 21 inches port area per net cub (6.4x21) to give me 132 square inches port area. I have a friend I met online with same 2x vxf 15s, he has 6.8 net cubes, 112 port area, tuned 32hz and his sounds fantastic also. Im tuned at 35hz and can play 27-63hz with ease at max power. He can play 22-63hz with ease and slightly different bass sound but they both sound great. You will need at least 105 + square inches of port I would say for those subs on 3k rms + . I have mine on tar amps smart 5 and so does friends, absolutely slaps.

Contacted you directly about this appreciate your replies and sorry was out of the country for a bit and just got back in the states.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:32 PM, CMcLane816 said:

Okay, I got you. So I have 2x vxf 15s myself. Your main problem here is that you didn’t increase the port size for the 2 subs, you will want anywhere from 14-16 sq inches port area per net internal volume. Also, you internal volume is a little high for those subs, well I would say really high. Depending on what power you are putting on them, a good net internal box size for these subs is 6.6-6.9. You are sitting at 9 net cubes which is huge. I will give you my box specs, I’m 6.4 net cubes, tuned high at 35hz with 132 square inches of port area. 

Could I get your box specs if you don’t mind?

Specs are no mystery, these are right from skar and are per driver:

• Recommended Sealed Volume: 2.75 ft³
  • Recommended Ported Volume: 3.25 ft³
  • Recommended Port Area: 47.25 in²
  • Recommended Tuning Frequency: 32 Hz
  •  

So for two subs ported, 6.5 net, 95 square inches of port area, tuning 30-35Hz depending on you taste, in a SUV/hatchback subs up/port back.

Archived