switched to a new pioneer FH-S52BT & shit went south

On 3/29/2022 at 10:32 PM, Palo Allen said:

2018 tacoma -b4 today - had factory head unit - audiocontrol lc2i - jl 450/4 amp - shit sounded badass - lc2i goes out so i decide to do away with the factory shit _ got the pioineer FH-S52BT head unit & it doesnt sound half as good  & isnt as loud and the jl amp gets hot & goes into protect mode after a few minutes-which it never had before- even cranked for hours at a time - royally pisses me off - this was 'supposed" to b way better than factory- but it damn sure aint - anybody got a clue on this deal?

Try the following before buying upgrades: there are a couple of switches on your amp labeled "Input Voltage", should set them to "low" (200mV to 2V) and then set the correct gain (input sensitivity pot) with the usual tools, as for the amp getting hot, set the "Infrasonic Filter" switch to on, to filter out inaudible low frequencies that the Pioneer deck can play but a stock unit connected to a LOC usually can't.

The line driver comes with a gain knob so there should be no problem, just engage your infrasonic filter switch on the amp and then set your gains with a SMD DD-1 or a scope to make sure you are sourcing a clean signal.

Also check your input power voltage not to exceed 14.5V and that you have no bridged loads below 3 ohm, those two can get your amp to heat up as well.

Archived