Sonic Electronix

Windshield leaks like crazy (video)

(Ignore how dirty it is. It doesn't move much and the pollen is dropping like crazy, we took off the headliner because it was sagging and the sound deadening fell off with it [it sat in a field for about 8 years], and we had to take out the carpet after I left it un-tarped for one night and the whole floor flooded.) I have a 1991 isuzu pickup spacecab with four 15's and it leaks like crazy. We've tried using every sealant we could get our hands on. 3M stuff, flexseal, and a bunch of others (been over a year since we last tried a sealant, can't remember the other types). We had someone come out and look at it and they said "Yeah we can fix a leaky windshield" then he came out and said, "That'll be a little harder.." but he does car restorations and said he thought he could take care of it. We got all of the old stripping off, sanded it, he came and did the windshield and put on new stripping. For the first day, it actually worked. I was stoked. Then on the second day, I took it out when it was drizzling and bumped it and the water poured in. Anyone have any idea what to do? There seems to be a little rust at the center of the windshield on the top. Sand the whole thing left to right, bondo, new windshield? Do people use plexi windshields to get them to not blow out? What are the tricks y'all got?

Archived