Sonic Electronix

HELP!!! 2 Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp's pushing 1 Sundown x18v.3

Needing some help/advice on my set up and I can't an answer from anyone.

I currently have 2 Rockford Fosgate t-1500bdcp amps

I am taking out my 2 Sundown x-12v3 subs with each amp powering them at 1-ohm per sub.

I am in the process of getting a single Z or X Sundown 18 in a bigger box.

How would I got about wiring 2 non-strappable amps to 1 sub? Is it possible? If so, what configuration (DVC-4 or DVC-2) and wiring?

Thanks!!

• jayemlov changed the title to HELP!!! 2 Amps 1 Sub

You'd have to just wire each voice coil to each amplifier then make sure to get the gains matched. If you can't get the sub in a dual 1 setup though, you won't be at 1 ohm per amplifier

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

It's possible you just wire each amp to a single coil of the sub. You'll want to make sure you match you gains perfectly along with your crossover points. Eyeballing won't do it you'll want to measure it electrically. Beyond that it's a fairly straight forward process.

EDIT: Looks like Dafaseles posted right before I did lol

• jayemlov changed the title to HELP!!! 2 Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp's pushing 1 Sundown x18v.3

So wired just positive to positive and negative to negative is a 1-ohm load (or whatever the sub I get is rated for) on the amp? Yeah I'll gain match hem as close as possible with a multi-meter. Are each coil capable of handling that much power?

Thanks for the responses!

Archived