Sonic Electronix

33 minutes ago, pnutz37 said:

To follow up on this. I got my new DSP installed and there still is distortion coming through from the stock headunit after about 15 on the volume (The volume goes to 30). This is with the eq flat as well. Anything louder than 15 would go to distortion. 

Because it's a VW there's a chance I can use VCDS (Their coding interface) to gain access to the head unit and actually flatten the eq vs what the display says.

It's been an expensive and frustrating rabbit hole. In the end it works, no distortion on any channel and feel comfortable sending it.

I would recommend looking at the JL Audio FiX86.  Rather than literally Hacking your VW's system code, the FiX86 automatically combines your factory HE signals to create a single Full Range signal while simultaneously time aligning all the different signals and applying real-time EQ to produce a completely flat frequency response.  Basically it calculates all the factory processing and turns it back into a single unprocessed pure signal so you can feed your DSP with the unaltered music.  In theory of course.  I haven't used one myself but I've seen many of them used and people who swear by them. 

Don't know how the cost of that and the VCDS match up, but the FiX can always be sold back off on Ebay whenever you don't need it anymore (they sell Fast).  And you have the added bonus of not cracking your vehicles software and risking something unfortunate happening.  Though I do admit I've no knowledge of what this VCDS is.  😂

42 minutes ago, TheBKG said:

I would recommend looking at the JL Audio FiX86.  Rather than literally Hacking your VW's system code, the FiX86 automatically combines your factory HE signals to create a single Full Range signal while simultaneously time aligning all the different signals and applying real-time EQ to produce a completely flat frequency response.  Basically it calculates all the factory processing and turns it back into a single unprocessed pure signal so you can feed your DSP with the unaltered music.  In theory of course.  I haven't used one myself but I've seen many of them used and people who swear by them. 

Don't know how the cost of that and the VCDS match up, but the FiX can always be sold back off on Ebay whenever you don't need it anymore (they sell Fast).  And you have the added bonus of not cracking your vehicles software and risking something unfortunate happening.  Though I do admit I've no knowledge of what this VCDS is.  😂

I'll have to look into this option. I just don't want to spend more $$ than I already have trying to find a solution.

I can get access to the VCDS cable (The software is free). It allows coding for so many things on volkswagen/audi/skoda platform. It does data logs for tuning etc.. It's an all encompassing coding tool. Some items are easy to adjust (on / off) other items require the correct code.... :( I home mine is easy..... 

Archived