Second Skin Audio

Making room for airspace.

Bentzmolly

Looking to get a Ported enclosure for a 2005 Nissan Titan SE Crew cab for a couple of 12's. As it sits one of those generic underseat truck boxes barely fit, so ive Been looking around but can't seem to find anyone who machines seat lift kits. I would like to get maybe 3" on the back seat  which should give me enough to get a small ported box to fit. Thought about using some 3" square tubing with longer bolts , but I'm not a machinist or a welder so I'm just needing a safe way to lift the seat approx 3" and it still be safe to use.  If i had my way id just scrap the seat and not worry about it but its my wifes and she wants to keep it. Thanks in advance for any ideas or for pointing me in a right direction 

I'd think you could use some aluminum rod-stock, drill out the center, and mount the seat with longer bolts, no?

Just.... Be very careful when you do this. Use as large stock as you can fit. Use good bolts. Just be mindful that the seat anchors are ultimately what hold it still in the event of a crash. You definitely don't want those breaking!

Or maybe even tap the hole and use a stud over a bolt.

9 hours ago, SnowDrifter said:

I'd think you could use some aluminum rod-stock, drill out the center, and mount the seat with longer bolts, no?

I'm thinking he'd want to use steel instead of aluminum? Much better fatigue resistance and I've never seen an aluminum part used with seats/restraint systems. I realize the risk is low (I had a pickup lifted with hockey pucks years ago so I'm not a safety nut by a longshot) with the aluminum but for the peace of mind I personally I think steel is the way to go.

Archived