21 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

Would a battery delete and lithium even be worth it for 6000watts? Would it be quicker and easier to just do agms? Battery delete intimidates me a little 

It intimidated me a little as well, until I did it. It was actually quite self explanatory once you look at it and do it. 

What is your plan to execute the delete? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

39 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

It intimidated me a little as well, until I did it. It was actually quite self explanatory once you look at it and do it. 

I’d get a limitless 6k probably and call it a day. I’ve found some good videos on YouTube on how to do it though. Biggest thing for me is that I’d save a lot of Space with lithium. I would probably run a single run of 2 gauge welding wire from my 270amp dc power alt to the limitless bank in my trunk

41 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I’ve seen people buy the cells individually but I’d rather go with a well made bank by a trusted company for only a little more $ to be honest. 

39 minutes ago, Mattc43 said:

I’ve seen people buy the cells individually but I’d rather go with a well made bank by a trusted company for only a little more $ to be honest. 

I want to learn how to build my own, but I'm no where near actually implementing it in a vehicle. 

I have a 12k. Thing about those LifePo4 batteries is they don't like being charged above 14.8 volts. I found out my truck can, at times, charge above 15.3 volts. So lucky mechman has a work around for my vehicles voltage management system, so even without being externally regulated, my alternator will put out a constant 14.7 volts. 

So that's something to be aware of. Lithium batteries/ cells absolutely do not like being overcharged. LTO lithium chemistry can handle the higher voltage. 

If I was to be able to decide on as battery again, or when this one is done..... or whenever I feel like doing it lol, I think I'd go with maybe 2 of those XS power Titan batteries. They look pretty sweet, and pretty stout. And from everything I've been reading, LTO chemistry is just safer than LifePo4. 

50 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I want to learn how to build my own, but I'm no where near actually implementing it in a vehicle. 

I have a 12k. Thing about those LifePo4 batteries is they don't like being charged above 14.8 volts. I found out my truck can, at times, charge above 15.3 volts. So lucky mechman has a work around for my vehicles voltage management system, so even without being externally regulated, my alternator will put out a constant 14.7 volts. 

So that's something to be aware of. Lithium batteries/ cells absolutely do not like being overcharged. LTO lithium chemistry can handle the higher voltage. 

If I was to be able to decide on as battery again, or when this one is done..... or whenever I feel like doing it lol, I think I'd go with maybe 2 of those XS power Titan batteries. They look pretty sweet, and pretty stout. And from everything I've been reading, LTO chemistry is just safer than LifePo4. 

My alternator company said it would put out however many volts the car calls for or something like that. Isn’t 15v bad for some cars? 15v would be far more efficient for an amplifier I’d assume tho

Yeah, if I would have gone with a regular alternator, it would do the same, just do what the truck told it to. 

I can't speak for all cars, but that's how my truck charged itself. The VRC in my truck can make my voltage swing all the way from about 15.3 volts to 13.something. Where yes, giving some amps 15 volts would make them perform better, showing that lithium battery over 14.8 volts could damage the battery, worse yet, start a fire and burn down my truck. So with being able to bypass my VRC, I get a constant 14.7. No  swings in voltage from my alternator from 15+ to 13ish. Making it much safer for my battery

Archived