Second Skin Audio

Sonoma blow through design (First timer)

Phacade

Hello.  I have designed and built many enclosures over the years but never got into 4th and 6th order as the math seemed a little too much for me.  I picked up a 02 Sonoma yesterday and I have always wanted to build a blow through.  I took basic measurements and then started playing in sketchup to see what it would physically fit.  I know that this design would fit, but I am almost certain it wouldn't work as is without tweaking.  Does anyone know of a place I can do some research on enclosure maths to get this dialed in?  I am attaching the sketchup screen shots to show what I am thinking.  Thanks!  (overall measurements are 40x72x16)

5.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

17 hours ago, Phacade said:

Hello.  I have designed and built many enclosures over the years but never got into 4th and 6th order as the math seemed a little too much for me.  I picked up a 02 Sonoma yesterday and I have always wanted to build a blow through.  I took basic measurements and then started playing in sketchup to see what it would physically fit.  I know that this design would fit, but I am almost certain it wouldn't work as is without tweaking.  Does anyone know of a place I can do some research on enclosure maths to get this dialed in?  I am attaching the sketchup screen shots to show what I am thinking.  Thanks!  (overall measurements are 40x72x16)

For those dimensions and using double layer 0.75 wood your gross internal volume would be 19.2 cubic feet, the next step would be picking the subs, you look for subs that will work well on smaller sealed enclosures, so the total volume of your sealed section would be the number of subs to be used multiplied by the sealed volume suggested by the manufacturer per sub, to do a 1:2 chamber ratio 4th BP you would be looking to do about 6.4 cubic feet sealed and 12.8 ported chambers roughly.

To give you an idea you could do 6 12" subs or 3 per side in that volume, the next step is modeling the system to roughly give you an idea of the response, define your port area and to check you will stay within subs mechanical limits on the power you intend to run, is at this point that you can draw what actually is going to get built. Skipping a lot of detail so just a very rough explanation.

Archived