ADJUSTING VU-Din/OM-1 with DD-1+

Hey everyone, as the title says I have a vu-din. I set my gain on my sub amp with my dd-1+ with 8db overlap, and my 4 ch amp is set with 4db overlap.  

The instructions from the vu din state to set the gauges using a 5 db track (which I have from the d'amore usb). My question is: should I follow this overlap considering im using different ones per each amp? Or should I set each gauge corresponding with the distortion light with the overlaps im using via dd-1+? Thanks.

instagram.com/installsbypat

Really it doesn't matter too much since its not going to change anything else in your system so its more on your preference.

If you tuned your amp with the 8db overlap and you want the vu-din to light up red when you start to clip your amp then use a 8db track.

Some people may not want to see the red light up at all and will back off the adjustment just a little bit so it only lights up red when you are going in to hard clipping.

Where as others will set it up so that it hits the red mark a little before you go in to clipping.

Play with it a little and see how you like it for yourself. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

On 5/2/2022 at 12:56 AM, audiofanaticz said:

Really it doesn't matter too much since its not going to change anything else in your system so its more on your preference.

If you tuned your amp with the 8db overlap and you want the vu-din to light up red when you start to clip your amp then use a 8db track.

Some people may not want to see the red light up at all and will back off the adjustment just a little bit so it only lights up red when you are going in to hard clipping.

Where as others will set it up so that it hits the red mark a little before you go in to clipping.

Play with it a little and see how you like it for yourself. 

Thanks, I was looking into adjusting it to whereas it would be an indicator towards clipping. I've figured it out as you stated, just by adjusting it with diff overlaps to where I like. 

instagram.com/installsbypat