Second Skin Audio

SA10 V1 D4 ported box help

Good afternoon everyone. I have 2 SA10 V1 D4, both of my daughters want some bass so I thought I would build them both a box for their cars. I am looking for the flattest response I can get and both of them will be will be running a Skar RP-1500 at 2ohms. Could anyone lend a hand with a quick design? If it matters 1 will be going in a 2010 BMW 328i sedan and the other will be in a 2010 Civic coupe. Thank you in advance!

The flattest possible response inside a car comes from a sealed enclosure, 0.6 cubic feet net per driver or so should work fine.

You don't need to build them, high quality prefabs of the correct volume can do the job.

Thank you Joe, I understand sealed would be optimal. I should have stated that I wanted the flattest response from a ported enclosure. A friend suggested 1cf with 17 in square port area at 35hz. That sounds great, but I cant find Torres btc to calculate the port length.

The SA-10 in a 1 cubic feet ported @35Hz is peaky and loud (orange plot), 0.5 cubic feet  sealed (yellow plot) is flat (but silent):

sa10onecf.png

Using heavy damping you can make it less peaky as you can see:

damping.png

The box itself can be like this:

sa10.png

1x12-SFPF-SB.jpg

Archived