Second Skin Audio

2 x SoundQubed HDC 3.1 12s Dual 2 Ohm

1 x SoundQubed S1-2250.1 (planning to strap 2 together in near future)

2006 Chyrsler 300C

3/4" MDF

So this is what I got going on here.  I need some help or someone to design an enclosure for me to fit perfectly in the trunk of my car.  It has a funny little curved lip where the wheel well fender comes into the trunk, and the battery/spare tire equipment is underneath a little pull-up door.  I need a box that will fit on or over the wheel well curves and allow me enough room to still have access to the battery and spare tire.  I have the spare tire out and plan on using the space for a storage since most of my trunk will be occupied by these big bad boys and all the wiring required to power all of this.  Battery 2 will be installed by Battery 1 considering there is plenty of space under the pull-up door to do so.  Also planned on mounting my amps in this space as well so I can just pop open the trap door and adjust my amps as needed or something as convenient as possible.  Hardest part of this install has been running 0 gauge runs to the Alternator as well as finding all of the grounds to do the Big 3.  

Im new to this site and new to box building but i got carpentry skills from roofing and such so not a rookie with the tools and such.  

Just need dimensions and port diagrams and a skematic is possible as to the best design for what i need done.  If any questions, ill try to answer them but Google will answer anything too.  Not looking or super in detail lecture on bunch of unneeded info from some of you BassNerds.  Just need an enclosure diagram to fit my needs.  Thanks.

Caraudiofabrication.com 

Mark sells extremely well designed box schematics, with every single piece to be cut detailed out.  He also has a YouTube channel running for 6+ years on every aspect of system installation and fabrication including multiple videos on sub box building. 

Just be Very detailed when measuring the trunk space for how much total space available that you want the box to fit into.  Also, read his entire instructions before you go to measure your trunk space.  He actually has a video on that too if you want to search for it. 

On 5/7/2022 at 9:15 AM, BumpedCX5 said:

And keep in mind you have to get the enclosure into the trunk unless you plan on building it in the car. I've seen a lot of boxes built that didn't take the trunk opening into account. It's a small but important detail lol

TRUTH.  Mark of Caraudiofabrication went over that in his video, and includes it in his measurement instructions for ordering a design.  That's why I stressed reading all of it.  😉

On 5/6/2022 at 2:07 PM, TheBKG said:

Caraudiofabrication.com 

Mark sells extremely well designed box schematics, with every single piece to be cut detailed out.  He also has a YouTube channel running for 6+ years on every aspect of system installation and fabrication including multiple videos on sub box building. 

Just be Very detailed when measuring the trunk space for how much total space available that you want the box to fit into.  Also, read his entire instructions before you go to measure your trunk space.  He actually has a video on that too if you want to search for it. 

The guy (joe x) that asked the OP to tell him measurements can outbuild and design enclosures way better than the car audio fabrication guy. I can too. Not saying anything bad about the car audio fabrication guy. I’m not gonna be one of the guys that bashes him like I’ve seen in the past. He is smart. But I wouldn’t pay him for a subwoofer enclosure design. He isn’t one of the elite subwoofer enclosure builders and designers. So it wouldn’t be worth the money. Joe x posts enclosure designs with specs and diagrams for free. A cut sheet is then easily figured out at that point.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived