Best Class A/B SQ Amps?

TheBKG

I'm not currently doing a build so this is just theoretical curiosity on my part.  I'd love to hear people's opinions and experiences with different A/B SQ Amps to get a feel for what's truly great sounding.  I'll never be in the Money is No Object category, but by all means don't hold back on account of My budget! 😉  Also, obviously this is Only for Mids & Highs.  I stick with Class D for Subs. 

19 hours ago, stingray72 said:

This I'm truly surprised by, astonishingly affordable 4 CH A/B from Focal?  That I didn't see coming, thx! 

14 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

This however I DID see coming!  🤣❤️

$249 for spade terminals and a 76db signal to noise ratio? Do you have experience with this amp? For similar money and way more headroom I suggest this: 

https://www.skaraudio.com/products/skv2-100-4ab-four-channel-car-amplifier

On 5/6/2022 at 12:30 PM, stingray72 said:

21 hours ago, Bluetegjoe said:

$249 for spade terminals and a 76db signal to noise ratio? Do you have experience with this amp? For similar money and way more headroom I suggest this: 

https://www.skaraudio.com/products/skv2-100-4ab-four-channel-car-amplifier

Yeah I had noticed that in the specs of the Focal.  And more surprising is very similar specs on the much higher end Focal 4 CH.  Doesn't seem like Focal quality there. 

When I was building my most recent system, I looked up Focal 4 channel amplifiers because they are talked up so much on numerous forums. Even at the $800 mark, the Focal specs paled in comparison to its comparable competitor from JL Audio. I think the current Focal amps are probably chinese since the only equipment they clearly claim to be made in France is their “high end” home audio equipment. The fuse ratings for the stated rms wattage are also much lower than other reputable amps of the same rms wattage rating. They are either doing something with the circuitry that improves on class ab efficiency at the expense of the signal to noise ratio (not likely), or they are simply inflating the rms watt ratings like cheaper brands do.

Brax MX4pro

Helix C4, C1  (I am running these in my mustang)

Tru technologies billet series

Mosconi pro

All of these amps would be at the top of the pile for SQ. There are more amps out there but these are all easy to get in the U.S. , are reliable and the companies have great customer service if it is ever needed.

I know you did not ask this question but there are Some class D amps out there that sound better than most class A/B amps now. Do not limit your choices to class A/B for SQ.

Archived