Second Skin Audio

Enclosure for 2x SAV2 10”

Lays

Hi all, I’m fairly new to all this and doing my first DIY enclosure.

I currently have a sa v2 10 and Jp23 amp, wired at 2 ohm and want another 10. I bought an enclosure design blueprint for a 4th order box for them, but wanted more opinions.

I have a small car (Fiesta ST hatchback) and have 37”W / 18-20” H/ 15.5” D For space, roughly ~6 cubic ft.

Would I be better off doing a ported box, or should I just continue on with the 4th order design once it’s done? I've heard 4th orders need more space than a traditional ported box, so I'm unsure if a small-ish 4th would be better than a standard ported box.

My goal is demos at car shows as well as daily driving music use. I drive 1 hour each way to work and like to enjoy bumpin here and there to pass the time.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide, appreciate it.

4th order bandpass drops output above tuning leaving you with no output usually 55-90Hz leaving you in need for midbass drivers to fill in the range, unless you are ready to install midbass drivers ported is a much simpler alternative, 4th BP are good for blow through enclosures where you need all your output through a small hole. Two higher power 12s ported will usually be the best solution in your type of vehicle.

50 minutes ago, Joe X said:

4th order bandpass drops output above tuning leaving you with no output usually 55-90Hz leaving you in need for midbass drivers to fill in the range, unless you are ready to install midbass drivers ported is a much simpler alternative, 4th BP are good for blow through enclosures where you need all your output through a small hole. Two higher power 12s ported will usually be the best solution in your type of vehicle.

Something like 2 sundown X-12s or U-12s with a larger box yeah?

Archived