Second Skin Audio

Sundown SA8 box

Daddy_

Let me start by saying I'm going to putting this in a Acura RDX SUV and gonna run 500rms. I'm looking for more sound quality than output. I want a nice sq ported box for a single SA8v3. I'm want less peaky but a nice smoother response. I'm not experert but I'm guessing around .60 to .75 net ft3 tuned around 33hertz?  Could someone come up with a box for 20wide 10 high 10 deep.

Also as I said before I'm looking for nice sound quality. Would I be better off going with a sundown  8" SD4 sealed or even a JL 8w3v3?

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

If you want output but you don't want to be peaky you go with a higher diameter sub and do sealed, box would still be 1 cubic feet or less, just a little taller, you can use your own 12W7 in a 1.375 cubic feet net box or pick a 12" that works in a smaller box. The SA8 will still be peaky in a 0.6 net box and will give very little output in sealed.

I don't have that set up anymore I sold everything now I'm starting fresh in a new car.

So go ported on a single SA8v3. Could you give me a outline of cutout sheet. I prefer 33 Hertz

If I go sealed I'll probably go with the SD4

How would this box do. Could you tweak it and make it more sound quality oriented? 

https://subbox.pro/en/b/dVFV5ZFeJ

Or this one but prefer first one

https://subbox.pro/en/b/Sp2ufH06v

That sub would work great sealed and that’s kinda what your talking about that you want for sound. I’ve ran SA’s in a sealed box they sound great.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

9 hours ago, Ron36 said:

That sub would work great sealed and that’s kinda what your talking about that you want for sound. I’ve ran SA’s in a sealed box they sound great.

How much airspace did you give them

17 hours ago, Daddy_ said:

How would this box do. Could you tweak it and make it more sound quality oriented? 

https://subbox.pro/en/b/dVFV5ZFeJ

Or this one but prefer first one

https://subbox.pro/en/b/Sp2ufH06v

You will need like 12 square inches of port area for your box, anyways since you are in a SUV now you may not even hear that single 8" at all sealed or ported, given the vehicle size I would be thinking of a single 1K 15" sub sealed at least to accomplish what you want.

1 hour ago, Joe X said:

You will need like 12 square inches of port area for your box, anyways since you are in a SUV now you may not even hear that single 8" at all sealed or ported, given the vehicle size I would be thinking of a single 1K 15" sub sealed at least to accomplish what you want.

So these boxes seeing work for a single ported SA8? The plan is to keep one for now and then later add another 8"

Could you design me a ported box for a single SA8v3 tuned to 33 Hertz. 20wide 10high 10deep. The less space you can use the better

I ran SA 10’s  in a sealed box , 3-10’s 1 box all separate chambers at probably  .65 cubes each before displacement.

22247A0C-266C-4092-B41A-1B183F4637A2.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

On 5/20/2022 at 9:00 AM, Daddy_ said:

So these boxes seeing work for a single ported SA8? The plan is to keep one for now and then later add another 8"

Could you design me a ported box for a single SA8v3 tuned to 33 Hertz. 20wide 10high 10deep. The less space you can use the better

Two 8s have similar cone area as a single 12", not much of a point on owning them unless they are used in an under seat enclosure like you see in ext cabs and such, anyways here are two enclosure, one small and one average sized, the small is kind of choked and difficult to build so I recommend the average sized one, neither can meet 10x20x10 size but close:

Figures are just assembly guides.

Small:

sa8v3.png

sa8-DT.png

Average sized:

sa8v3b.png

1x8-SFPF.jpg

Archived