Midbass speaker "box" designs and tips(please inform me of the basics))

So I'm planning on upgrading my door speakers and I want to add 2 of the same speakers to the system by making a center console so the front would be set up like this- ๐Ÿšช๐Ÿ”ˆ๐Ÿช‘๐Ÿ”ˆ][๐Ÿ”ˆ๐Ÿช‘๐Ÿ”ˆ๐Ÿšช. However I havnt found any information on how I should build the speaker section of the center console. Do I build it so that they are enclosed, opened up so they share the same air within the interior of the console? Also should I use seperat tweeters and a horn (the speakers going into the door have built in tweeters)? Here are the speakers going into the doors and center consoleย DS18 PRO-HY6.4B 6.5". Thank yall so much for the help!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would go sealed the speakers share the same air but if u have 1 on each side u would probably have to reverse the polarity on 1 of them and if your tweeters are down low I would add some higherย 

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6ร—9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wireย 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 runย 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

ย 

ย 

On 5/25/2022 at 11:28 PM, Never Enough Bass said:

I would go sealed the speakers share the same air but if u have 1 on each side u would probably have to reverse the polarity on 1 of them and if your tweeters are down low I would add some higherย 

I'm not sure I understand the part about the tweeters, but if you're saying that I should get regular speakers and separate tweeters as opposed to geting the hybrid speakers with the built in tweeter/driver, then I can put the new tweeters in the sail trim where the stock ones are to have them higher than the regular speakers are.

12 hours ago, Alex M said:

I'm not sure I understand the part about the tweeters, but if you're saying that I should get regular speakers and separate tweeters as opposed to geting the hybrid speakers with the built in tweeter/driver, then I can put the new tweeters in the sail trim where the stock ones are to have them higher than the regular speakers are.

Yes exactly components up front so a mid bass and a tweeters will sound better

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6ร—9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wireย 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 runย 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

ย 

ย 

If you are using a passive crossover, or DSP, you need at least a full range function on the amp (payable up to 20k hz)

If you're using the amplifiers crossovers to protect the tweeters, you'll need a HPF (high pass filter) that can be set at least up to (and just guessing here) 4,500 hz or so. It depends on the capabilities of the tweeters you're using.ย 

Basically, you're just trying to keep them from playing too low of a frequency that will damage the tweeter

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out!ย 

ย 

Archived