Midbass speaker "box" designs and tips(please inform me of the basics))

I wouldn't say that I'm a DS-18 fan, I just like putting everything in a cart and seeing the subtotal so I have a ballpark idea of what to save for. I've heard alot of good things about their Korean made amps and that's my main thing I like about them, I'm still fairly new to the audio world in general so I don't know every good brand out there, my other reasoning for picking DS-18 is price, but like I said I don't know about many other "SPL" brands so I don't know if there are other options pricewise. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Alex M said:

I wouldn't say that I'm a DS-18 fan, I just like putting everything in a cart and seeing the subtotal so I have a ballpark idea of what to save for. I've heard alot of good things about their Korean made amps and that's my main thing I like about them, I'm still fairly new to the audio world in general so I don't know every good brand out there, my other reasoning for picking DS-18 is price, but like I said I don't know about many other "SPL" brands so I don't know if there are other options pricewise. 

Well, I didn't mean anything negative by that. Sorry if it came out that way. 

I don't know how the prices match up to DS-18, but some other "inexpensive" brands that still have a decent reputation are (at least in my opinion) 

Skar

Deaf Bonce 

B2 Audio (they have some good prices on quality amps) 

Sky High Car Audio speakers are supposed to be pretty good

Soundigital

Resilient Sounds

SSA (Sound Solutions Audio) 

Crossfire

Cresendo

C.A.B (car audio bargain) 

U.S. Acoustics 

American Bass

That's just what comes to mind right now. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Oh I wouldn't say that I took it negative in any way, I just wanted to express how I am not bound by preference to a singular brand and am open to other options. I'm sorry if it seemed as though I took it offensively 

My other reason for DS-18 is I want to stand out, if that makes sense, JerryAintLoud said it best in a video but basically, I wanna draw heads at a competition and not fall in line with all of other sundown-s and skar-s if that makes sense

Nothing, I like Audio Control I just don't know what type of DSP I need, I know I don't need one with the amp built in I just need the low, mid and high output but I don't know what has exactly what I'm looking for.

Well, the SQ guys will tell you you should put each speaker on its own channel. I don't know how much that applies to people who are using them for SPL crossover purposes. 

What had unit are you using? Does it have multiple RCA outputs? Does it have a built in crossover network? You might not even need a DSP

I wanna say boss, but it isn't that it only has a single rca output and that's it, I plan on getting a different one that has all of the rca outputs and touchscreen and whatnot.

6 hours ago, Alex M said:

I wanna say boss, but it isn't that it only has a single rca output and that's it, I plan on getting a different one that has all of the rca outputs and touchscreen and whatnot.

If you get one with a crossover network built in, you won't need a DSP

Archived