Midbass speaker "box" designs and tips(please inform me of the basics))

So update, for anyone seing this and going through my idiotic spuel I got an amplifier it was gifted to me and I intend to use it, it's an older rockford fosgate punch 400×4, and I'm getting a new radio that has front, rear and sub outputs. Along with me getting that I'll be pairing the amp with some resilient sounds ES65C mids and EST-1 tweeters. Is this a good match? 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The punch 400×4 is 50Wx4 @4ohm sure maybe a little more, your mids are 75W.

Comes down to how do you plan to wire these.

The larger question if a powerful sub stage is going to outgun your little front stage or not.

It's pretty common to see these systems where you can almost only listen to bass.

Thank you for mentioning that, becuase that is not something I want happening and didn't really consider the bass outperforming the front stage, so I think what I'll do is sell it and buy a more powerfull full range amp and some higher wattage front stage components. 

12 hours ago, Joe X said:

The punch 400×4 is 50Wx4 @4ohm sure maybe a little more, your mids are 75W.

Comes down to how do you plan to wire these.

The larger question if a powerful sub stage is going to outgun your little front stage or not.

It's pretty common to see these systems where you can almost only listen to bass.

• 2 months later...

Alright guys update time! I got door speakers in, they are the ds18 gen-x6.5 3 way coaxial speakers, paired with my old rockford fosgate punch 400, shca rcas, a Jenson cmr radio, 2 boston acoustics 12 subs in a sealed box peaking at 106db with music, and I just ordered another subwoofer... please forgive me for this guy's it's the Skar 15" SDR series complete package and a DS18 INF-35 INFINITE 35 AH 1250 Watts AGM Power Cell 12 Volt Battery to power the skar amp and sub. I've got the wires I need to hook up my fans and start keeping those amps cool and I'm going to be reconfiguring my amp rack to be shorter in height and have room for 3 amps.

Edit: I got the skar 15 in and don't regret it one bit

• 1 month later...

Update, I've gone through 2 of the skar 15s, the first was defective having a bad voice coil. The second I smoked the voice coil after re tuning it. Not a big fan anymore. I'm looking at getting either the ds18 hooligan 15 or the g2 Dynamics Genesys 15. If there's any 15s yall would recommend please lmk.

Archived