starting to mess with this car again.  the old build log is in my signature but a lot of pics are missing becuase photobucket. 

anyway. so im building a box for a single mayhem 12. putting it on a skar 2500 at .5.

no, i dont really have the electrical for it but im gonna send it anyway. 

now for the pics

Started off my day by building some sawhorses because ive never had any. 

4KqY5Gx.jpg

then took a break and started on the box

MDF is like 65 a sheet now, wtf?

yhTiCO1.jpg

Top and bottom panels cut. got them pretty close i think

3MGn9iO.jpg

HAqbq5l.jpg

going to kerf the port. ive never kerf a port before so i guess we will see how this goes

aTxZUrV.jpg

RDvE12U.jpg

LQ2SZo0.jpg

port width is gonna be 2.25. 

juIvslX.jpg

had to kinda test how many kerf to make. i know hunter martin made a guide but who knows where it is anymore'=''

DNQ8njo.jpg

PU6eaJd.jpg

second kerf cut made

7sKlyAx.jpg

Nmg09YG.jpg

it looks a bit wonky in this view, i went the wrong way, or too far anyway. it wont matter once its all glued up and forced into place and shape. 

thats all im ding for today. i'll gp do some more work tomorrow. i think i shoulld have cut the speaker hole out first but as long as i clamp this down tiight and flat it will be fine. 

i'll add a second baffle when i ge to that point.

thanks for looking

Nice to see you back building 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I miss AA Subs , always wanted some but now there gone, built very well and can handle almost double power .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

little progress today. might work on it some more this evening. 

LtK45ba.jpg

NuNJKOU.jpg

UuohHFb.jpg

sBbhL61.jpg

5D8sz9Y.jpg

figure a speaker ring should give me enough thickness to support the sub. guess i'l find out. 

1 hour ago, strangeduck said:

little progress today. might work on it some more this evening. 

LtK45ba.jpg

NuNJKOU.jpg

UuohHFb.jpg

sBbhL61.jpg

5D8sz9Y.jpg

figure a speaker ring should give me enough thickness to support the sub. guess i'l find out. 

I know it serves a function, but I've always loved the look of a kerf port! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

me too! ive always wanted to do one. this one came out a little janky but now i know what mistakes i made and have a better plan for the next one!

heres some more pics

I dont like these corners sticking out, just asking to get broke off. 

ZuFcxm2.jpg

that takes care of that! 

Px4hBAW.jpg

NaPau7S.jpg

All finished up. might paint it later 

FecGqy7.jpg

V5onnXz.jpg

afYUYYY.jpg

The next step is to toss it in the trunk and see how it sounds. i have a feeling my tuning is gonna be a bit higher than i wanted  but thats no big deal.

i think i want to seal off the cabin of the car and fire this forward into the cabin from the trunk. The lkast time it tried it i half assed it and it didnt work too well. so maybe i'll get it right this time

\

Archived