it wont stop raining here so i havent done anything util today. managed to get some stuff done this morning before it started again. 

This round im gonna try to seal off the trunk again and fire forward. gonna do a better job of sealing off this time though. 

Started out making a template and transferred that to wood and so on and so forth. 

6BtQxsT.jpg

kalQEO8.jpg

cZT53ws.jpg

Going to need some trim pieces for this gap obviously. this part was a pain in the ass to be honest. Myu solution will require a bit of bodywork and filler to flush it out but its not bad.

aMhiLKU.jpg

A couple of rectangle pieces and a wedge or two with a weird angle on them should fill this in nicely

kXm4TqZ.jpg

0uGkPVc.jpg

Made the cutout for the box to fit into. The box is going to sit flush up against the back of this coutout. 

5XcRGZ7.jpg

Here is the base the box will sit on

pi0FwPY.jpg

Added some side panels to help seal off. i think i will screw the box into these to make sure its secure. maybe not, i dont know. would be nice to easily remove the box but i dont want any leaks either. 

MZ1u0KA.jpg

ojRwUr3.jpg

mqzOmpT.jpg

QrPWf0b.jpg

Box will sit like this 

ZtC1pV4.jpg

rkyOwpl.jpg

8Spt2hi.jpg

Thats all for today. gotta pull all this out again and then put sound deadener over all the holes i can find so its sealed off really good. then i need a lower trim piece for the front will probably body work the front panel to smooth out all the lines and hide the business end of stuff. 

I may just wire up everything to make sure the box doesnt have any terrible flaws before i get crazy. i have plenty of depth to work if i need to change anything. 

i only had about 5 hours to work today, so i didnt get much progress but i guess any progress is good lol.

Thanks for looking!

2 hours ago, strangeduck said:

it wont stop raining here so i havent done anything util today. managed to get some stuff done this morning before it started again. 

This round im gonna try to seal off the trunk again and fire forward. gonna do a better job of sealing off this time though. 

Started out making a template and transferred that to wood and so on and so forth. 

6BtQxsT.jpg

kalQEO8.jpg

cZT53ws.jpg

Going to need some trim pieces for this gap obviously. this part was a pain in the ass to be honest. Myu solution will require a bit of bodywork and filler to flush it out but its not bad.

aMhiLKU.jpg

A couple of rectangle pieces and a wedge or two with a weird angle on them should fill this in nicely

kXm4TqZ.jpg

0uGkPVc.jpg

Made the cutout for the box to fit into. The box is going to sit flush up against the back of this coutout. 

5XcRGZ7.jpg

Here is the base the box will sit on

pi0FwPY.jpg

Added some side panels to help seal off. i think i will screw the box into these to make sure its secure. maybe not, i dont know. would be nice to easily remove the box but i dont want any leaks either. 

MZ1u0KA.jpg

ojRwUr3.jpg

mqzOmpT.jpg

QrPWf0b.jpg

Box will sit like this 

ZtC1pV4.jpg

rkyOwpl.jpg

8Spt2hi.jpg

Thats all for today. gotta pull all this out again and then put sound deadener over all the holes i can find so its sealed off really good. then i need a lower trim piece for the front will probably body work the front panel to smooth out all the lines and hide the business end of stuff. 

I may just wire up everything to make sure the box doesnt have any terrible flaws before i get crazy. i have plenty of depth to work if i need to change anything. 

i only had about 5 hours to work today, so i didnt get much progress but i guess any progress is good lol.

Thanks for looking!

That's already looking good! That's more than I get done in 5 hours lol

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived