No distortion detected…

1 hour ago, Chug Wysley said:

Unfortunately the CD player does not work on the head unit so I have had to download the test tones. I’ve tried 0db 40hz and -5db 40hz. I’m going to try a Duracell battery in place of the energizer battery tomorrow. Should I just set the head unit and lc7i to 3/4 and adjust the amplifier gain until it lights up distortion? It’s weird but on the speaker outputs coming from the head unit and the lc7i,  I can’t get it to show distortion at any volume, but im sure it is distorted if I had speakers hooked up.

How do you have the Lc7i hooked up? Are you sure you're sending all frequencies through it? 

Have you tried to find max volume with a 1000 hz test tone? 

If you're getting your high level input from someplace that the OEM unit isn't sending a full signal to, you might not be getting 40 hz through the equipment. Let's say someone is getting their high level input from factory tweeters. Well, the OEM system isn't going to send all the frequencies through that speaker, so the LOC won't get it either, thus making it so the DD-1 doesn't detect it. 

LOC's like the Lc7i have multiple inputs so on complex stock systems that send different crossed over signals to different speakers, you can take all those, feed them into the LOC individually, and the Lc7i will sum up the different frequencies to make them one cohesive...... unit I guess you could say. 

Also, when we set the gains in my buddies system with the Lc2i, we had to set the accubass first as well to compensate for the bass roll off. 

If I'm not mistaken, in the DD-1 manual, or says turn the gains all the way down (I could be mistaken), but I've had good luck with just barely cracking the gain a hair. 

On another note, once you get it working, set the head unit and LOC gain using a 0 db tone, then set your overlap just on the amplifier

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Man that is some solid advise! Thank you. I did try the Duracell battery and got the signal light to light up. Still no 40hz detect or distortion light, but a step in the right direction. I will try changing around the inputs and setting it like you mentioned. Will keep you updated. Thank you.

33 minutes ago, Chug Wysley said:

Man that is some solid advise! Thank you. I did try the Duracell battery and got the signal light to light up. Still no 40hz detect or distortion light, but a step in the right direction. I will try changing around the inputs and setting it like you mentioned. Will keep you updated. Thank you.

Try also using a 1000 hz tone to see if you get different results

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

3 hours ago, Chug Wysley said:

Are you tapped in before or after the factory amp

06 Charger

Pioneer double din

Pioneer 6.5 and 6×9's

Knukoncept Krystal kable rca's

0 ga knukoncept kolossus wire 

Big 3 same wire ^ 1 run 

8g karma ss speaker wire

Sundown sia 3500d at 1ohm

2 Sundown U series 12's

Duralast platinum agm H7 (Main)

Xs power d3400

Trying to find a ho alt

The tap is directly behind the radio. To my knowledge there isn’t a factory amplifier but just to be sure I checked the origin of the wires going to the lc7i and they originate directly behind the oem radio about 6 inch’s out of the plug in harness in the back of the radio.