Second Skin Audio

Logitech z5500 Subwoofer Enclosure

Hi, i have a set of logitech z5500 speakers and I want to make a custom box for the subwoofer. The driver is belived to be a Tang Band WT-644F 10". I want this tuned to to around 35hz. The original box is a bit beat up and i believe needs sealing but I might as well try building a custom box. Later Im thinking of getting a proper home theatre system but for now this will have to do as i dont have a lot of cash to go around spending. Any ideas of how big the new box enclosure has to be. Would appreciate if someone could give me the dimensions.

Thanks

What I would do, if the enclosure it came in is already beat up, is take the sub out of the enclosure, and cut it open. Then just build the same box for it that it came in. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Or even better yet try to google search the brand and model of the woofer and with in the first page of results you may find several sites that list that woofers specs, and maybe even a free site you can use to design a box.

Obviously this method would be asinine to think that it may even work though.

I checked it and they are not the same part:

Logitech 170012-0000:

2.png

Tang Band WT-644F :

3.png

So at this point I would recommend to sell the sub since they are selling for a nice price and then get a better sub.

If not build a box the same specs of the original one or measure the sub t/s parameters if you think this is worth your time.

if you want to make a new box to the spec of the old one post the external dimensions of the box and the wood thickness. the new box can

be given better port area and different tuning without changing it's internal volume.

Archived