Sonic Electronix

So I just sold my 15s today and wanting to start a new build what would y’all recommend I wanting to play low and get windy it’s for a daily vehicle just want something good for demoing. Im gonna build my box to be tuned around 25hz and I’m running a audio apex cab 22 but plan to upgrade to maybe a sundown sia 3500 the subs I have been looking at is either

2 sundown x 18s

3 psi platform 1 18s or 

2 pierce audio 1K wmd 21s

im up to any other ideas my budget is anywhere from $1000-1300

2 hours ago, BLUE COLLAR MISFIT said:

So I just sold my 15s today and wanting to start a new build what would y’all recommend I wanting to play low and get windy it’s for a daily vehicle just want something good for demoing. Im gonna build my box to be tuned around 25hz and I’m running a audio apex cab 22 but plan to upgrade to maybe a sundown sia 3500 the subs I have been looking at is either

2 sundown x 18s

3 psi platform 1 18s or 

2 pierce audio 1K wmd 21s

im up to any other ideas my budget is anywhere from $1000-1300

So what vehicle is it and what are the dims to have to work with?

Also why SIA3500? I have yet to see an amp dyno of that one.

Lastly you may need to budget some electrical.

4 hours ago, Joe X said:

So what vehicle is it and what are the dims to have to work with?

Also why SIA3500? I have yet to see an amp dyno of that one.

Lastly you may need to budget some electrical.

It’s going in a 06 Silverado crew cab for electrical I have a mechman 250 and 2 xs power d3400. The reason I said the sia 3500 is one of my good friends is sponsored by sundown and he said it would be a good amp for my application but I’m up to anything else thought about taramps as well 

45 minutes ago, jmanjr82 said:

From the choices you listed I would pick the PSI for the pure cone area. Those pierce audio subs do look good though!

The only thing I was curious about on the psi platform 1 is how they would hold up on low frequencies and I know those pierce audio subs look bad ass I sent them a email but I haven’t got a response for the specs of their subs yet.

3 Crossfire C7 15s would probably be pretty damn windy also. Really multiples of any good sub will get windy. Get the most cone area you can afford and fit in your budget and max box size and I'm sure it's going to get low and windy no matter what.

Archived