Sonic Electronix

Lots of Bass Without Sacrificing Crew Cab Space

8 hours ago, Ron36 said:

I did 3 -10’s under seat build , shit slammed, I don’t think your electrical is good enough. 3,300 watts on stock ALT plus whatever is running your mids . I don’t see anything about batteries not battery. I ran about 4500watts with mids and had 250amp ALT and 6 batteries to hold voltage.

0E3972B8-E983-4823-A69A-3B10F877EFDB.png

My set up is only running at 1800 watts. I get a bit of voltage drop at idle but no issue with higher RPMs, I will be upgrading the alternator and battery when they crap out but it doesn't seem like an issue rn 

I’m not a fan of Kicker not trying to rip peoples choices , if you keep having the same issue with same box same subs that box is the problem, I don’t know the specs they need but you need the right built box for the subs and that means it has to be built. I called Sundown for my 3-10’s box and they were more then happy to help me out . Those subs are rated at 600RMS and because of the box and my good electrical they had 1K to each sub for 3yrs and never blew. Ended up selling to my friend and he still has them. Clean power and the right box for the subs they last along time. Also I think brand can help. I’ve built many boxes for people with no space never had issues but got to build the box . Last 2 boxes were 2 Sundown SD3 - 10’s and 3 DD shallow 10’s for me.

18A08D16-69A9-4C94-A800-A1B425A52E2C.png

5CABF3AF-05F6-4951-8324-2CFE453FFB8E.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

On 6/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, Ron36 said:

I’m not a fan of Kicker not trying to rip peoples choices , if you keep having the same issue with same box same subs that box is the problem, I don’t know the specs they need but you need the right built box for the subs and that means it has to be built. I called Sundown for my 3-10’s box and they were more then happy to help me out . Those subs are rated at 600RMS and because of the box and my good electrical they had 1K to each sub for 3yrs and never blew. Ended up selling to my friend and he still has them. Clean power and the right box for the subs they last along time. Also I think brand can help. I’ve built many boxes for people with no space never had issues but got to build the box . Last 2 boxes were 2 Sundown SD3 - 10’s and 3 DD shallow 10’s for me.

18A08D16-69A9-4C94-A800-A1B425A52E2C.png

5CABF3AF-05F6-4951-8324-2CFE453FFB8E.png

Thanks for the feedback, I think I'll look into build a box and switching to sundowns

Archived