Mechman E series 370 vs E series 400

Alternator question time Mechman E series 370 vs 400 which way should I go? This will be a secondary alt for my 2007 Suburban that I'm already running dual factory 150a alts on. I have the sub amps ((4) JP23.1 @2ohm)  on a pair of Dekka Intimidator group 31 batteries. On full tilt my voltage goes from 14.5 to about 13.8. I now want to run the amps at .5ohm since my subs are dual 1ohm. I'll eventually move away from the AGM batteries to Lithium, but I think for now my smart money move is towards a beefier H.O. Alt would seem more appropriate vs more batteries. 

Is there a difference between the 400 vs the 370? This truck is still a driver and I listen to music so it's not a burp build. It's a cruise around town beating down the block, that I will occasionally compete with.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

If you're already using 2 stock 150 amp alts go with the 400 amp alt then.

Typically the higher the amperage the less it will put out at idle speeds so that means the 370 amp alt will do more at idle than the 400 however at higher rpms the 400 will do more than the 370 and since you already got 2 stock alts you don't really need to worry about idle speed too much, plus both those alts should do over 200 at idle.
If this was going to be your only alt I would say the 370 would be a better choice or maybe even something a little smaller but since you got those two stock ones go as big as you can go!

Yerrr, if your running duals, let the smaller do work at lower RPM's and get a larger for leaning on the system. Kinda best of both worlds. That said, your not running much power, ... and that 370 is a fucking tank of a nater.  (alternator)

Yeah I reached out to Mechman and they basically said that the 400 is comparable to the 370 but doesn't have the powder coated housing and what not.  And yeah this alt will strictly be used on my stereo side. I'll order it tomorrow for sure.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

7 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Yerrr, if your running duals, let the smaller do work at lower RPM's and get a larger for leaning on the system. Kinda best of both worlds. That said, your not running much power, ... and that 370 is a fucking tank of a nater.  (alternator)

That may change once I go to .5ohms on those JP23. I think when Willson Audio did his benchmark on them they were getting up in the 3500 rms range. And with 4 of them at close to 14k, I wanna make sure I have the power to sorta keep up. At least for the time being till I can save more cash.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Archived