Sony dsx-a415bt

DayV914

The single din headunit that I have only has 1 set of rca outputs for L & R and the other set it has are specifically for subs. Would it be possible to use the rca output for subs as another channel for midrange speakers instead. I would like to see if this is possible instead of having to use a y splitter to convert the 2 channels into 4 rca's.

Screenshot_20220627-004941_Best Buy.jpg

Depends if the head unit has a LPF on the sub output

If not, you can make it work. But it might get goofy when tuning the head unit. Sub level would affect your mids. EQ settings might only apply to one of the RCA outs.

Ideally, get a different head unit that better suits your needs? I'm not sure what your financial situation is, but that unit looks to be a pretty entry level one from ~4 years ago. Should be able to pick up a unit with 4 channel+sub preouts for under 150. Maybe ideally, one with 4v preouts too.

Barring that, there's nothing inherently wrong with a splitter. Though if the output voltage is weak, you might have more difficulty setting gains - e.g. amp gain is up all the way and it's still not where it needs to be.

I just google that head unit, it's a subout (lowpass output only) and rear out. Not much you can do with that one. Agree with @SnowDrifter, no harm in using a splitter though. It's a 2V pre out, you'd have to be running quite a few amps before a splitter would be an issue.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

12 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

I just google that head unit, it's a subout (lowpass output only) and rear out. Not much you can do with that one. Agree with @SnowDrifter, no harm in using a splitter though. It's a 2V pre out, you'd have to be running quite a few amps before a splitter would be an issue.

@MrSkippyJ@SnowDrifer thank you both for the input. I am using this head unit for a project I am creating. It's not going in a car at all btw.

11 hours ago, DayV914 said:

@MrSkippyJ@SnowDrifer thank you both for the input. I am using this head unit for a project I am creating. It's not going in a car at all btw.

What are ya building?

Archived