Second Skin Audio

8 inch woofer question

Mendietal

• 3 weeks later...

Ok if nothing else says clown then hear this quote from the owner of EM...

155s on music is easy from the trunk with a pair of 12s

Should tell ya all you need to know 😂

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

8'' drivers, suck by design. Not enough spider, by design. Move up to a 10 if at all possible. You could have a coil in a 8in driver that could thermally take 10k, but suspension, will lose it. 8in drivers, are just a complete waste of everything. IMHO. 

On 6/30/2022 at 11:30 AM, Dafaseles said:

No shit? I didn't know. I just see them on Instagram and people comment saying their beasts.  That's why I wrote supposed to be lol. I should have also wrote I've never tried them personally. That's my fault.

A 1500 watt 8" seems kind of funny to me anyway lol

Sean, is a the Love him or fucking hate him type of dude. The dude does have a ton of knowledge. But, he comes off as a dick. He rubs a LOT of people in the community the wrong way. Almost like he cant even help it. He also, comes off as a "know it all", "i can do everything better" ,  "anything i touch, is golden, and everything else is shit" type. And again, it rubs people raw. That said, there are some that like him. (not really sure i know anyone that does lol, but,...)  Just like with anyone.

I didn't know EM audio and EMF audio was the same company since one is from NC and the other is SC.

Sundown NSv5 8 inch will be a beast once it's released.
It will feature the same neo motor/magnet that the standard Nightshade v5 line uses, a 3 inch coil, their own tooled & patented basket & W surround for crazy high excursion from an 8 inch. These are not off the shelf parts that other companies are using, they are doing TONS of R&D work on these with a crazy amount of testing, after all they are pushing the envelope once again doing something that no other company has done.
This has been something in the works since the Nightshade v4 line has launched if not longer, so hopefully it will be released soon because I've been waiting patiently for too long!

If I was to buy a 8 inch right now though it would be a Sundown Xv3 series 8 though.

1 hour ago, audiofanaticz said:

I didn't know EM audio and EMF audio was the same company since one is from NC and the other is SC.

It will feature the same neo motor/magnet that the standard Nightshade v5 line uses, a 3 inch coil, their own tooled & patented basket & W surround for crazy high excursion from an 8 inch. These are not off the shelf parts that other companies are using, they are doing TONS of R&D work on these with a crazy amount of testing, after all they are pushing the envelope once again doing something that no other company has done.
This has been something in the works since the Nightshade v4 line has launched if not longer, so hopefully it will be released soon because I've been waiting patiently for too long!

If I was to buy a 8 inch right now though it would be a Sundown Xv3 series 8 though.

Thats my bad, i saw EM, and Bobby say "dude was a clown" and i went right to Sean LOL. Thats my bad. 

1 hour ago, audiofanaticz said:

If someone, anyone can get a 8 (hell, even many 10's also) to play nice,.... not just thermally, .... its Jacob, and the RnD thats done. Dude, gets it, for sure. 

Archived