Sonic Electronix

anything better than a sundown nightshade v4 15

44 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Yeah man. I hear you. I wish I could just buy used cars, install a system, then flip it. Just to be able to play with all different equipment, but I don't think I'd be able to financially support it lol. Once I finally get my system in my truck, I want to do a full SQ style system in the wife's explorer. Then I'm out of vehicles to play with🤣

I’ve been looking for one of those small fire transits or scion xbs but prices are insane right now

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CstrokerV said:

I’ve been looking for one of those small fire transits or scion xbs but prices are insane right now

A big build in one of those toaster oven cars would be cool as hell! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I decided im going to start small and use what I have.  I have two soundqubed hdx 3 12's and im going to put it in 4.00 cf net tuned to 36 hz with a 8 inch aero port i have.  They are d1 ohm so ill wire it to 1 ohm and put the sub on a taramps smart 3k at the 1  ohms.  I also already have a 40 ah lithium battery ill throw in there.   All i have to do now is have the box built and run my stinger zero guage power wire.

The cubic feet is after the port but not the subs with the subs factored in ill have 5.84 cf net.  The subs are recommended up to 2.75 cf each but they will see 2.92 cf per sub.  Im having the sub box made out of 3/4 birch at 84 bucks for one sheet...thank goodness thats all i need.

Ps .... i was thinking ahead to modifications for more spl and I realized that since im using a 8 inch port i can replace the port with a 8 inch homemade sonotube port with a custom flare using fiberglass like my brother did on his big crx build that can be sanded gradually and add tenths of a db at a time.  Im also not having the box carpeted so i could use the duct tape trick on the box to gain tenths of a db too.  (it has to do with improving airflow from what we can tell.  I could also fiberglass the inside of the box for better airflow and little bits of db too but my brother says after a few years as a daily box anyway that stuff breaks down.

Archived