09 Chevy Tahoe Mids & Highs setup Help

GoT_2B_BuMpiN

Hi all, I picked up 8 Skar FSX 6.5" 4ohm speakers and 4 Skar VX 3.5" Bullet tweeters, Pretty cheap. My plan is to build custom fiberglass door panels and A -Pillar pods and put 2 of the 6.5" in each door and a 3.5" in each a pillar and each rear door.  I Have dual 15" E series Sundown v4 dvc 4 ohms in enclosure that I built. Its tuned to 32hz. I bought the plan and built out of mdf. 

So, for the doors mids and highs, can anyone help with anything else that I might need? Also how would you wire,( possible diagram? )

What amp would you recommend? Crossovers? I just have a JVC KW250 BT Head unit. Any suggestions will help.  Thank you

Someone might have a better idea, but me personally, I would run a 4 channel amp (around 200-300 watts per channel at 2 ohm) for the 6.5's, and a separate 4 channel (100-300 watts per channel at 4 ohm) for the tweeters. 

I would wire the 6.5's to each channel like this219126601_Screenshot_20220702-155814_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.60620ec684dfbe3090bec41c074bd9cd.jpg

And just use 1 tweeter per channel on the other amp. 

For the tweeters, I said 100-300 watts per channel because Skar claims those tweeters are 300 watts RMS. If you feed 300 watts to each tweeter, they are by far going to be the loudest piece of your system. I wouldn't feed them all that power. It would be too much in my opinion. But I don't know your listening preferences. You might want all those highs. And that's fine. 

As far as amp wise, what's your budget? 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived