Second Skin Audio

Ported box, do I have the specs close enough?

5 hours ago, Joe X said:

This last one box looks closer to spec is just that .12 for two 12 subs is like low, only walmart kind of 12" subwoofers could be 0.06 cf per driver.

That is .12 for each sub. The quantity is set at 2 subs so it adds .12 each for .24 total. If its close though thats enough for me to give it a shot lol. I just didnt wanna be way off like what you said the first time it came out to 3.6 or whatever. 

Not sure why it randomly does that with the quote thing and wont let me type outside of it or remove it. Anyways I finished one but it was late and working through the dark so didnt finish the 2nd. Got the one hooked up today and will have to do the other next weekend. Id say it was a success no port noise or odd stuff and way more feeling than the midget prefab hand me down box I was using

IMG_20220710_122145504_HDR.thumb.jpg.49cc3466da47337967658cb693113d92.jpg

Glad it went well for you as expected, your enclosure subpar wood and your cuts need to improve, you will have leaks on that box in no time if not already despite the load of caulk, specially when you start running more power. I absolutely get it being your first box but still.

This was a total welfare build. I know the pros and cons of each type. It wont be getting wet and ill seal the wood with something when I put the other together and get some time. Particle board was $75 for 2 sheets. MDF is $120. Birch is $160. My cuts were pretty decent I didnt have any giant gaps lol. The caulk isnt just on the outside of the box, I put a fat bead of it on the edge of the boards before i sandwiched together. Thats why theres a giant smear of it on the outside thats what squeezed out. I didnt just slather caulk over the outside edges. I dont understand how you think that will leak unless my subs somehow become powerful enough to blow dry caulk out of a joint that was screwed together lol

Archived