Second Skin Audio

Need suggestions on port design/choices

Currently trying to design a box for 2 SoundQubed HDC3.112’s on an Orion 2500.1Dz at 1ohm. I am aiming for 2.25ft3 per driver, 4.5ft3 net volume, with a 35hz tuning on the port. I would love to use an aero port, but I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing when it comes to ports, let alone aero’s lol. I’m looking for help choosing the size/length of the aero, and am able to make my own if necessary. Just don’t have the slightest clue on what I’m doing. 

1 hour ago, Joe X said:

0.831 cubic feet for both, bear in mind that the external diameter of the port is what counts for displacement, not the internal which is 6". Small difference anyways.

And if I run them externally out of the enclosure, would that hurt anything?

You can do them external or partially external if you want but not having a self contained enclosure is not something you see done, round ports are hard to work with, you can install elbows in the ports to change direction if you can't make the design work with the port straight. Round ports also need bracing sometimes. Hopefully you are not doing your box calculations by hand.

54 minutes ago, Joe X said:

You can do them external or partially external if you want but not having a self contained enclosure is not something you see done, round ports are hard to work with, you can install elbows in the ports to change direction if you can't make the design work with the port straight. Round ports also need bracing sometimes. Hopefully you are not doing your box calculations by hand.

The elbow itself would be considered part of the length, and I don't know how to account for that

Archived