Hey guys. I'm trying to add a Taramps Smart 3K Bass to my system.  Currently, I already have 3 amps in place for bass/mids/highs, I would like to replace the bass amp. At the moment, I'm just not sure what exactly needs to be done to achieve this (another 0 gauge run, another battery, etc.) Am I able to just add another run of 0 gauge for the new bass amp from the battery? (Highlighted in green below)

Current set up:

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T

345A Autotech Alternator (Custom built/painted)

XS D3400R 80Ah AGM Battery

upgraded all power/grounds to 0 gauge

Taramps TS2000.4 for mids

Taramps DS800.4 for highs

Hifonics 1600.1 for bass

Current voltage sitting in high 13s, no significant drops I've noticed.

Feel free to share your opinions. 

Thanks!

power set up.jpg

18 minutes ago, stew510 said:

Hey guys. I'm trying to add a Taramps Smart 3K Bass to my system.  Currently, I already have 3 amps in place for bass/mids/highs, I would like to replace the bass amp. At the moment, I'm just not sure what exactly needs to be done to achieve this (another 0 gauge run, another battery, etc.) Am I able to just add another run of 0 gauge for the new bass amp from the battery? (Highlighted in green below)

Current set up:

2006 Dodge Magnum R/T

340A alt

XS D3400R 80Ah AGM Battery

upgraded all power/grounds to 0 gauge

Taramps TS2000.4 for mids

Taramps DS800.4 for highs

Hifonics 1600.1 for bass

Current voltage sitting in high 13s, no significant drops I've noticed.

Feel free to share your opinions. 

Thanks!

power set up.jpg

I personally would add another battery. 2 of those batteries along with that alternator should power those amps well. 

As a side note, I think the input size of the power and ground in that amp take 4 awg. So a 4 awg to 1/0 amplifier adapter would probably be a good idea as well. 

Just my 2 cents

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

21 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I personally would add another battery. 2 of those batteries along with that alternator should power those amps well. 

As a side note, I think the input size of the power and ground in that amp take 4 awg. So a 4 awg to 1/0 amplifier adapter would probably be a good idea as well. 

Just my 2 cents

Got it, so something like this?

Power Set up v2.jpg

6 minutes ago, stew510 said:

Got it, so something like this?

Power Set up v2.jpg

Yeah. That looks good. Though the fuse between the 2 batteries is doing nothing, so you don't really need it. For that to work, you'd need 2 fuse points. But, if you can put the batteries close together, and just get or purchase a bus bar, that would be best. No cables between the batteries to deal with. 

Probably not needed, but I'm just speaking how I would do it, I would (if you can't find bus bars or don't want them) do 2 runs of 1/0 between the batteries. If also add another chassis ground for the batteries, and for the engine block. But again, that's just the way I'd do it. 

20 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Yeah. That looks good. Though the fuse between the 2 batteries is doing nothing, so you don't really need it. For that to work, you'd need 2 fuse points. But, if you can put the batteries close together, and just get or purchase a bus bar, that would be best. No cables between the batteries to deal with. 

Probably not needed, but I'm just speaking how I would do it, I would (if you can't find bus bars or don't want them) do 2 runs of 1/0 between the batteries. If also add another chassis ground for the batteries, and for the engine block. But again, that's just the way I'd do it. 

Awesome. Updated image below: I think this is what I'll run for now

Power Set up v3.jpg

3 minutes ago, stew510 said:

Awesome. Updated image below: I think this is what I'll run for now

Power Set up v3.jpg

If you can, add another chassis ground to the engine block as well. Keep that current moving as easy as possible. 

1 minute ago, Dafaseles said:

If you can, add another chassis ground to the engine block as well. Keep that current moving as easy as possible. 

oh whoops, missed that. Not sure if this is a dumb question but can you run another ground to/from the same mounting points? basically one on top of the other

You can, but from what I've read, it's more beneficial to use a seperate grounding spot from the other. It didn't have to be far away though. You can put them close

I would ground them individually if it was me. I would also run another run from alt to battery as well. If you are doubling up all your grounds it probably makes sense to double up the + as well. 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Appreciate the help guys. Well, now I just found out about Yinlong lithium packs lol. Looking if I can add these instead of 70+ pounds of AGM. Anyone have a good battery isolator between lithium/AGM? preferably would like to keep the mids/highs/starting car with the AGM, and perhaps bass on Lithium

Archived