43 minutes ago, stew510 said:

Appreciate the help guys. Well, now I just found out about Yinlong lithium packs lol. Looking if I can add these instead of 70+ pounds of AGM. Anyone have a good battery isolator between lithium/AGM? preferably would like to keep the mids/highs/starting car with the AGM, and perhaps bass on Lithium

So, the OG's on here can/ will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong, and also can bring way more insight on this topic than I can. 

From what I've come to understand is...

Most LTO banks, unless you're charging them around 15 volts, you're not effectively charging them as they need to be. 

LifePo4 banks like the charging voltage around 14 volts, but can handle as high as 14.7 volts. 

Everyone I've spoken to recommends going externally regulated when it comes to Lithium because of them wanting specific charging voltages. 

I personally would not mix LTO and AGM. Even with an isolator. I wouldn't mix LifePo4 and AGM either, but I've spoken to people who have, with mixed reviews. 

Hopefully, someone can come in and get more specific about the building and charging requirements needed for lithium. I'm still learning. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

So, the OG's on here can/ will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong, and also can bring way more insight on this topic than I can. 

From what I've come to understand is...

Most LTO banks, unless you're charging them around 15 volts, you're not effectively charging them as they need to be. 

LifePo4 banks like the charging voltage around 14 volts, but can handle as high as 14.7 volts. 

Everyone I've spoken to recommends going externally regulated when it comes to Lithium because of them wanting specific charging voltages. 

I personally would not mix LTO and AGM. Even with an isolator. I wouldn't mix LifePo4 and AGM either, but I've spoken to people who have, with mixed reviews. 

Hopefully, someone can come in and get more specific about the building and charging requirements needed for lithium. I'm still learning. 

Oh I see now. So if going lithium, its probably better to just take out the AGM, add external/bypass regulator, then charge the lithium on whatever it needs?

Archived