Sonic Electronix

2012 Jetta Sound system help.

I made the mistake of letting a shop work on my car that did very shady work. When I received my car there was very loud and obnoxious white noise/alternator whine. When accelerating you could hear that through the cars speakers. Since then I have replaced all my door speakers with comando 6ndfx80 6.5" (this is what I could source locally and quickly. This was also their best recommendation besides a pair of neo prv 6.5"). The same shop that did work on my car had replaced my pioneer avic -x930bt stereo with a cheap power acoustik double din that has Android auto/carplay but I just could not get rid of the white noise at all even using ground loop isolators. I was at the point that I was about to call it quits and decided to have someone else look at the car and he replaced all the rca's I had with very cheap ones that work. Even after replacing the rca's and making sure no power wires are touching speaker wires/rca cables. The noise still persisted. He told me he believes it was the cheap stereo causing that noise. Since I'm a bit low on money I'm like alright let me put in my old Pioneer and that solved the super loud obnoxious whine that was coming through. All I get now coming through the system is very minimal noise when I press on the brake or when I have the hazard lights on. I thought maybe getting some shielded rca cables from knukonceptz might solve my issue but according to the person I spoke to from knukonceptz told me it seems like I might be having a ground loop issue. When I originally did my car system myself I had 4x pioneer tsm650 pro powered off a Rockville db45 and my sundown audio sfb2000 powering 2 12" pioneer premier pro subs @1000watts 4ohm dvc I had no white noise issues when I did the work myself. After taking it to the shop they swapped out my rockville amp for a taramps 800x2 and it made my speakers sound like a tin can. Right now my current setup consists of my pioneer avic-x930bt, 2 equalizers up front, a banda audioparts 3 channel crossover, taramps 1200x4 for voice and sundown audio sfb-2000d. The new guy I had look at my car to try and figure out the noise problem told me I needed to get 2 eq's. He kept nagging me about it until I gave in. He said I needed a separate equalizer just for the bass and one specifically just for mids and highs. I would like to see how I can get rid of that noise I get when braking or when putting the hazards on. The noise can be hard audibly when the music is low or when there's nothing playing. At this point I have recheked all the wiring myself and no power wire is touching any speaker wires at all. I wil add pictures of the amp rack setup I currently have. I have been recommended by another audio guy to get rid of the 3 way crossover and just get an amp that has a built in crossover like a skar or a deafbonce that's powerful enough to power my speakers. My speakers are 250w rms a piece. Sorry I jumped all around but any assistance that can be given will be greatly appreciated. I currently only have to work on my vehicle on weekends due to work and work out of my backyard as well. I want to be able to get rid of that noise once and for all. Would you guys also recommend me to get rid of the 3 way crossover and just go with an amp that has a built in crossover instead?. Also what about the 2 equalizers up front. I was told I can get rid of both and just get something like the Massive Audio EQ9 1/2 din instead. Any suggestions on this is also greatly appreciated. 

IMG_20220727_182025_882.jpg

IMG_20220727_130013_701.jpg

24 minutes ago, DayV914 said:

I made the mistake of letting a shop work on my car that did very shady work. When I received my car there was very loud and obnoxious white noise/alternator whine. When accelerating you could hear that through the cars speakers. Since then I have replaced all my door speakers with comando 6ndfx80 6.5" (this is what I could source locally and quickly. This was also their best recommendation besides a pair of neo prv 6.5"). The same shop that did work on my car had replaced my pioneer avic -x930bt stereo with a cheap power acoustik double din that has Android auto/carplay but I just could not get rid of the white noise at all even using ground loop isolators. I was at the point that I was about to call it quits and decided to have someone else look at the car and he replaced all the rca's I had with very cheap ones that work. Even after replacing the rca's and making sure no power wires are touching speaker wires/rca cables. The noise still persisted. He told me he believes it was the cheap stereo causing that noise. Since I'm a bit low on money I'm like alright let me put in my old Pioneer and that solved the super loud obnoxious whine that was coming through. All I get now coming through the system is very minimal noise when I press on the brake or when I have the hazard lights on. I thought maybe getting some shielded rca cables from knukonceptz might solve my issue but according to the person I spoke to from knukonceptz told me it seems like I might be having a ground loop issue. When I originally did my car system myself I had 4x pioneer tsm650 pro powered off a Rockville db45 and my sundown audio sfb2000 powering 2 12" pioneer premier pro subs @1000watts 4ohm dvc I had no white noise issues when I did the work myself. After taking it to the shop they swapped out my rockville amp for a taramps 800x2 and it made my speakers sound like a tin can. Right now my current setup consists of my pioneer avic-x930bt, 2 equalizers up front, a banda audioparts 3 channel crossover, taramps 1200x4 for voice and sundown audio sfb-2000d. The new guy I had look at my car to try and figure out the noise problem told me I needed to get 2 eq's. He kept nagging me about it until I gave in. He said I needed a separate equalizer just for the bass and one specifically just for mids and highs. I would like to see how I can get rid of that noise I get when braking or when putting the hazards on. The noise can be hard audibly when the music is low or when there's nothing playing. At this point I have recheked all the wiring myself and no power wire is touching any speaker wires at all. I wil add pictures of the amp rack setup I currently have. I have been recommended by another audio guy to get rid of the 3 way crossover and just get an amp that has a built in crossover like a skar or a deafbonce that's powerful enough to power my speakers. My speakers are 250w rms a piece. Sorry I jumped all around but any assistance that can be given will be greatly appreciated. I currently only have to work on my vehicle on weekends due to work and work out of my backyard as well. I want to be able to get rid of that noise once and for all. Would you guys also recommend me to get rid of the 3 way crossover and just go with an amp that has a built in crossover instead?. Also what about the 2 equalizers up front. I was told I can get rid of both and just get something like the Massive Audio EQ9 1/2 din instead. Any suggestions on this is also greatly appreciated. 

IMG_20220727_182025_882.jpg

IMG_20220727_130013_701.jpg

I am trying to upload the rest of the pictures that I have but this website is giving me an error after it's almost done uploading it just gives an error.

Archived